Built-in audio, only one channel works?

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
March 24, 2005 5:14:58 AM

K7N2 Delta2-LSR mainboard.

My system includes a PCI sound card which works fine with the same
speakers.

The built-in sound has worked fine up to now, but currently only one
channel is working. Sound comes from only the right hand speaker.

I have tried messing with the AC97 Audio Configuration utility.

I have tried updating all mainboard drivers, of course including
audio. Besides just looking, which I have already done, is there
another way to check all of the volume controls to make sure they
are centered or any other check that has to do with balance?

Besides the mainboard circuit, it could be the speaker output jack.

Anything else worth trying?
March 24, 2005 7:20:42 PM

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 02:14:58 GMT, John Doe <jdoe@usenet.love.invalid>
wrote:

>K7N2 Delta2-LSR mainboard.
>
>My system includes a PCI sound card which works fine with the same
>speakers.
>
>The built-in sound has worked fine up to now, but currently only one
>channel is working. Sound comes from only the right hand speaker.
>
>I have tried messing with the AC97 Audio Configuration utility.
>
>I have tried updating all mainboard drivers, of course including
>audio. Besides just looking, which I have already done, is there
>another way to check all of the volume controls to make sure they
>are centered or any other check that has to do with balance?
>
>Besides the mainboard circuit, it could be the speaker output jack.
>
>Anything else worth trying?
On your volume control, is balance set to mid-point.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
March 25, 2005 12:00:41 AM

Just a thought, but have you actually tested the speakers on another system
just to rule out the speaker itself is not defective?

"John Doe" <jdoe@usenet.love.invalid> wrote in message
> K7N2 Delta2-LSR mainboard.
>
> My system includes a PCI sound card which works fine with the same
> speakers.
>
> The built-in sound has worked fine up to now, but currently only one
> channel is working. Sound comes from only the right hand speaker.
>
> I have tried messing with the AC97 Audio Configuration utility.
>
> I have tried updating all mainboard drivers, of course including
> audio. Besides just looking, which I have already done, is there
> another way to check all of the volume controls to make sure they
> are centered or any other check that has to do with balance?
>
> Besides the mainboard circuit, it could be the speaker output jack.
>
> Anything else worth trying?
a b B Homebuilt system
March 25, 2005 12:00:42 AM

An excellent point, Manny. It is so easy to forget somethign so simple.

Ed Cregger
--
Into quilting? Know a quilter that needs a novel, inexpensive gift?

Please visit http://www.quigleyquotables.com/ for the latest in modern, easy
to quilt patterns.

"Manny Cu" <manny_cu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Just a thought, but have you actually tested the speakers on another
> system just to rule out the speaker itself is not defective?
>

> "John Doe" <jdoe@usenet.love.invalid> wrote in message
>> K7N2 Delta2-LSR mainboard.
>>
>> My system includes a PCI sound card which works fine with the same
>> speakers.
>>
>> The built-in sound has worked fine up to now, but currently only one
>> channel is working. Sound comes from only the right hand speaker.
>>
>> I have tried messing with the AC97 Audio Configuration utility.
>>
>> I have tried updating all mainboard drivers, of course including
>> audio. Besides just looking, which I have already done, is there
>> another way to check all of the volume controls to make sure they
>> are centered or any other check that has to do with balance?
>>
>> Besides the mainboard circuit, it could be the speaker output jack.
>>
>> Anything else worth trying?

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
March 26, 2005 4:40:18 AM

speaker wires?

"John Doe" <jdoe@usenet.love.invalid> wrote in message
> K7N2 Delta2-LSR mainboard.
>
> My system includes a PCI sound card which works fine with the same
> speakers.
>
> The built-in sound has worked fine up to now, but currently only one
> channel is working. Sound comes from only the right hand speaker.
>
> I have tried messing with the AC97 Audio Configuration utility.
>
> I have tried updating all mainboard drivers, of course including
> audio. Besides just looking, which I have already done, is there
> another way to check all of the volume controls to make sure they
> are centered or any other check that has to do with balance?
>
> Besides the mainboard circuit, it could be the speaker output jack.
>
> Anything else worth trying?
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
April 6, 2005 6:47:47 PM

I have the same problem, on two different machines, running two
different m/boards.

I have also tried 3 set of speakers on both machines
All worked b4, not now.

Any help would be app.

So far I know it is NOT the hardware, or speakers
Im thinking either codec or drivers.

Thanks For any help
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
April 6, 2005 11:00:15 PM

>I have the same problem, on two different machines, running two
> different m/boards.
> I have also tried 3 set of speakers on both machines
> All worked b4, not now.
> Any help would be app.
> So far I know it is NOT the hardware, or speakers
> Im thinking either codec or drivers.

We are a dealer and have seen that caused by incorrectly
wired audio cables going to the CD-ROM. Did you try
removing it from your motherboard to see what happens?

---
Kevin Chalker, Owner (KC COMPUTERS)
E-mail: kc@kc-computers.com Web: www.kc-computers.com
Internet dealer since 1991!!! See WWW.RESELLERRATINGS.COM!!!
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
April 9, 2005 1:26:42 AM

"KC Computers" <kc@kc-computers.com> wrote:

>> I have the same problem, on two different machines, running
>> two different m/boards.
>> I have also tried 3 set of speakers on both machines
>> All worked b4, not now.
>> Any help would be app.
>> So far I know it is NOT the hardware,

How do you know?

>> or speakers Im thinking either codec or drivers.
>
> We are a dealer and have seen that caused by incorrectly
> wired audio cables going to the CD-ROM. Did you try
> removing it from your motherboard to see what happens?

Never have used the audio cable to CD-ROM.

Did a reinstallation of Windows XP. Built-in audio still only one
channel. Apparently the problem is my Microstar International
mainboard (MSI K7N2 Delta2-LSR E6570).
!