I am running xp pro. USB is supposed to recognize a device being plugged in
immediately. However, not one of my two usb ports on my motherboard react to
a device being plugged in. Is it possible that the usb on a motherboard
isn't working anymore. Or do I have to change some setting in the BIOS.

"luc" <ikke@ook.be> wrote in message
>I am running xp pro. USB is supposed to recognize a device being plugged in
> immediately. However, not one of my two usb ports on my motherboard react
> a device being plugged in. Is it possible that the usb on a motherboard
> isn't working anymore. Or do I have to change some setting in the BIOS.

Did the USB ports on your motherboard use to work fine before?
Did you make sure that they are enabled in the BIOS?
Did you try disconnecting all your USB devices and try one at a time?

---
Kevin Chalker, Owner KC COMPUTERS
E-mail: kc@kc-computers.com Web: www.kc-computers.com
Internet dealer since 1991!!! See WWW.RESELLERRATINGS.COM!!!