CPU Host/PCI Clock

I'v noticed in the Frequency/Voltage section of the Bios there are
settings in which I can set various cpu speeds.
For instance: 100/33mhz
103/34mhz
112/37mhz
etc, etc.

What do these settings do, and what do I need to know to check
which setting is best and safest for my system?

Are these settings for overclocking the CPU/Memory speeds? I've
read something that my motherboard supports overclocking and I'm
wondering if these are some of these settings.
2 answers Last reply
More about host clock

    The proper setting is based on what you processor supports, the motherboard
    and the installed memory.

    The 100/33 setting used to be standard. The other two you listed would be
    overclocking.

    Remember, there are always potential risks associated with overclocking -
    stability -overheating

    --
    Jon Hildrum
    DTS MVP
    "Faldo" <rolf@msn.com> wrote in message
    > I'v noticed in the Frequency/Voltage section of the Bios there are
    > settings in which I can set various cpu speeds.
    > For instance: 100/33mhz
    > 103/34mhz
    > 112/37mhz
    > etc, etc.
    >
    > What do these settings do, and what do I need to know to check
    > which setting is best and safest for my system?
    >
    > Are these settings for overclocking the CPU/Memory speeds? I've
    > read something that my motherboard supports overclocking and I'm
    > wondering if these are some of these settings.

    Of course I will not change any setting until I exactly know what
    I'm doing.
    I am going through the Msi 6368(via ple133 chipset/FSB@133MHZ)
    manual and it says it is designed to support overclocking, but it is
    not recommended for the faint of heart. I currently have two Sdram
    3.3v @pc133= 376MB total ram. The motherboard supports up to 1GB.
    Also Celeron 1100mhz. The mainboard specs supports from 333mhz to
    1.2ghz.
    "Jon_Hildrum" <Jon_Hildrum@amsn.com> wrote in message
    > The proper setting is based on what you processor supports, the
    motherboard
    > and the installed memory.
    >
    > The 100/33 setting used to be standard. The other two you listed
    would be
    > overclocking.
    >
    > Remember, there are always potential risks associated with
    overclocking -
    > stability -overheating
    >
    > --
    > Jon Hildrum
    > DTS MVP
    > Jon_Hildrum@msn.com
    > www.hildrum.com
    > "Faldo" <rolf@msn.com> wrote in message
    > > I'v noticed in the Frequency/Voltage section of the Bios there
    are
    > > settings in which I can set various cpu speeds.
    > > For instance: 100/33mhz
    > > 103/34mhz
    > > 112/37mhz
    > > etc, etc.
    > >
    > > What do these settings do, and what do I need to know to check
    > > which setting is best and safest for my system?
    > >
    > > Are these settings for overclocking the CPU/Memory speeds? I've
    > > read something that my motherboard supports overclocking and I'm
    > > wondering if these are some of these settings.

CPUs Windows