CPU Host/PCI Clock

I'v noticed in the Frequency/Voltage section of the Bios there are
settings in which I can set various cpu speeds.
For instance: 100/33mhz
103/34mhz
112/37mhz
etc, etc.

What do these settings do, and what do I need to know to check
which setting is best and safest for my system?

Are these settings for overclocking the CPU/Memory speeds? I've
read something that my motherboard supports overclocking and I'm
wondering if these are some of these settings.

The proper setting is based on what you processor supports, the motherboard
and the installed memory.

The 100/33 setting used to be standard. The other two you listed would be
overclocking.

Remember, there are always potential risks associated with overclocking -
stability -overheating

--
Jon Hildrum
DTS MVP
"Faldo" <rolf@msn.com> wrote in message
> I'v noticed in the Frequency/Voltage section of the Bios there are
> settings in which I can set various cpu speeds.
> For instance: 100/33mhz
> 103/34mhz
> 112/37mhz
> etc, etc.
>
> What do these settings do, and what do I need to know to check
> which setting is best and safest for my system?
>
> Are these settings for overclocking the CPU/Memory speeds? I've
> read something that my motherboard supports overclocking and I'm
> wondering if these are some of these settings.

Of course I will not change any setting until I exactly know what
I'm doing.
I am going through the Msi 6368(via ple133 chipset/FSB@133MHZ)
manual and it says it is designed to support overclocking, but it is
not recommended for the faint of heart. I currently have two Sdram
3.3v @pc133= 376MB total ram. The motherboard supports up to 1GB.
Also Celeron 1100mhz. The mainboard specs supports from 333mhz to
1.2ghz.