SpyBot Definition File Update 30/07/05

<http://msmvps.com/siljaline/archive/2005/07/30/59961.aspx>

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

The Immunize feature is still 3 bricks short!! Oh well, I use AdAware most
of the time anyway.....Spybot takes "eons" to run.

Cheers......Heather

"siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message
> <http://msmvps.com/siljaline/archive/2005/07/30/59961.aspx>
>
> Silj
>
> --
> siljaline
>
> MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
> Security Tools Updates
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
>
> (Reply to group, as return address
> is invalid - that we may all benefit)

There must be a lot of this going around.
Thank you, Silj.

Harry.

"Heather" wrote:
> The Immunize feature is still 3 bricks short!! Oh well, I use AdAware most
> of the time anyway.....Spybot takes "eons" to run.

Immunize is still a problem under Win 9x, Figgs, or what, I'm not sure where
you're at these days...
SpyBot should take about ten minutes or so to run a full scan, give or take.

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Heather:
When you see those three missing items in "Immunize", just click on the
immunize button above and it will immunize them all. Try it some time.
My update took even less than ten minutes, even though there were three
items. definitions, language and tea timer.
And when I was all done with the scan, it congratulated me for no threats
being present.
How can you beat that?

Harry.

"Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> The Immunize feature is still 3 bricks short!! Oh well, I use AdAware
most
> of the time anyway.....Spybot takes "eons" to run.
>
> Cheers......Heather
>
> "siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > <http://msmvps.com/siljaline/archive/2005/07/30/59961.aspx>
> >
> > Silj
> >
> > --
> > siljaline
> >
> > MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
> > Security Tools Updates
> > http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
> >
> > (Reply to group, as return address
> > is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Harry.....after you click the immunize button.....then go back and hit the
one that says "recheck" or some such......the 3 drop off again. It is an
illusion. And I have no problem downloading the defs......I just pick a
country that is asleep at the time I am doing it!!

I would say, based on the couple of times I started to run a scan, it would
take well over an hour to finish. It is incredibly slow!! So I stick with
AdAware. And since I started using Firefox exclusively, I have not had ONE
piece of spyware on this machine....so it gets a little boring, lol.

Cheers.....Heather

> Heather:
> When you see those three missing items in "Immunize", just click on the
> immunize button above and it will immunize them all. Try it some time.
> My update took even less than ten minutes, even though there were three
> items. definitions, language and tea timer.
> And when I was all done with the scan, it congratulated me for no threats
> being present.
> How can you beat that?
>
> Harry.
>

> "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> > The Immunize feature is still 3 bricks short!! Oh well, I use AdAware
> most
> > of the time anyway.....Spybot takes "eons" to run.
> >
> > Cheers......Heather
> >
> > "siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > > <http://msmvps.com/siljaline/archive/2005/07/30/59961.aspx>
> > >
> > > Silj
> > >
> > > --
> > > siljaline
> > >
> > > MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
> > > Security Tools Updates
> > > http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
> > >
> > > (Reply to group, as return address
> > > is invalid - that we may all benefit)

It doesn't say "recheck", Heather, it says "immunize" with a +sign in front
of it and no illusion either, because after you click it, you have all 2006
items blocked. The illusion must be those three unprotected items, if any.
But enough already, whatever works for you.
Make sure you have those gears greased nicely.

> Harry.....after you click the immunize button.....then go back and hit the
> one that says "recheck" or some such......the 3 drop off again. It is an
> illusion. And I have no problem downloading the defs......I just pick a
> country that is asleep at the time I am doing it!!
>
> I would say, based on the couple of times I started to run a scan, it
would
> take well over an hour to finish. It is incredibly slow!! So I stick
with
> AdAware. And since I started using Firefox exclusively, I have not had
ONE
> piece of spyware on this machine....so it gets a little boring, lol.
>
> Cheers.....Heather
> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Heather:
> > When you see those three missing items in "Immunize", just click on the
> > immunize button above and it will immunize them all. Try it some time.
> > My update took even less than ten minutes, even though there were three
> > items. definitions, language and tea timer.
> > And when I was all done with the scan, it congratulated me for no
threats
> > being present.
> > How can you beat that?
> >
> > Harry.
> >

> > "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> > > The Immunize feature is still 3 bricks short!! Oh well, I use AdAware
> > most
> > > of the time anyway.....Spybot takes "eons" to run.
> > >
> > > Cheers......Heather
> > >
> > > "siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

OK Harry......go into Spybot and do the following.....I now have it up in
front of me and I will tell you the *exact* wording.....

It shows 2003 bad products are now blocked......

I click on Immunize and it now says 2006 bad products are blocked.....

Fine....now up to the right of the green cross that is called "Immunize" is
a magnifying glass called "Check Again"......

Hit "Check Again" and you will go back to "2003" bad products are
blocked.....

Capish?? Hence, you are now back to 2003 blocked items...so your 2006 are
merely an illusion, whichever way you want to look at it.

Heather

Beside

> It doesn't say "recheck", Heather, it says "immunize" with a +sign in
front
> of it and no illusion either, because after you click it, you have all
2006
> items blocked. The illusion must be those three unprotected items, if any.
> But enough already, whatever works for you.
> Make sure you have those gears greased nicely.
>
> Harry.
>

> "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> > Harry.....after you click the immunize button.....then go back and hit
the
> > one that says "recheck" or some such......the 3 drop off again. It is
an
> > illusion. And I have no problem downloading the defs......I just pick a
> > country that is asleep at the time I am doing it!!
> >
> > I would say, based on the couple of times I started to run a scan, it
> would
> > take well over an hour to finish. It is incredibly slow!! So I stick
> with
> > AdAware. And since I started using Firefox exclusively, I have not had
> ONE
> > piece of spyware on this machine....so it gets a little boring, lol.
> >
> > Cheers.....Heather
> > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Heather:
> > > When you see those three missing items in "Immunize", just click on
the
> > > immunize button above and it will immunize them all. Try it some time.
> > > My update took even less than ten minutes, even though there were
three
> > > items. definitions, language and tea timer.
> > > And when I was all done with the scan, it congratulated me for no
> threats
> > > being present.
> > > How can you beat that?
> > >
> > > Harry.
> > >

> > > "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
AdAware
> > > most

Alias

"Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Harry.....after you click the immunize button.....then go back and hit the
> one that says "recheck" or some such......the 3 drop off again. It is an
> illusion. And I have no problem downloading the defs......I just pick a
> country that is asleep at the time I am doing it!!
>
> I would say, based on the couple of times I started to run a scan, it
> would
> take well over an hour to finish. It is incredibly slow!! So I stick
> with
> AdAware. And since I started using Firefox exclusively, I have not had
> ONE
> piece of spyware on this machine....so it gets a little boring, lol.
>
> Cheers.....Heather

Do you disable your AV's auto scan before starting Spybot? If not, try that
and it should run a lot faster.

Alias
> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
>>
>> Heather:
>> When you see those three missing items in "Immunize", just click on the
>> immunize button above and it will immunize them all. Try it some time.
>> My update took even less than ten minutes, even though there were three
>> items. definitions, language and tea timer.
>> And when I was all done with the scan, it congratulated me for no threats
>> being present.
>> How can you beat that?
>>
>> Harry.
>>

>> "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> > The Immunize feature is still 3 bricks short!! Oh well, I use AdAware
>> most
>> > of the time anyway.....Spybot takes "eons" to run.
>> >
>> > Cheers......Heather
>> >
>> > "siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Thanks, amigo......I will try that. I went in and checked the settings, coz
I assumed that version 1.04 would keep the old ones.......nope. So I made
sure that all jpeg, gif, tif and mp3 extensions were on the Ignore List. I
have a ton of mp3's and photos (with no spyware, grin) and that could have
been part of it......but it took 10 minutes to get to 3500 out of some
26,500 items, so turned it off.

Gracias.....Figgs

"Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message

> Do you disable your AV's auto scan before starting Spybot? If not, try
that > and it should run a lot faster.

> Alias>
> "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> > Harry.....after you click the immunize button.....then go back and hit
the
> > one that says "recheck" or some such......the 3 drop off again. It is
an
> > illusion. And I have no problem downloading the defs......I just pick a
> > country that is asleep at the time I am doing it!!
> >
> > I would say, based on the couple of times I started to run a scan, it
> > would
> > take well over an hour to finish. It is incredibly slow!! So I stick
> > with
> > AdAware. And since I started using Firefox exclusively, I have not had
> > ONE
> > piece of spyware on this machine....so it gets a little boring, lol.
> >
> > Cheers.....Heather

Heather:

With this I am convinced that pigs can fly.
Dave (Lipman) has living proof of it, too.
Maybe he'll share it with you, if you ask him to.
I must go now and take care of some important things.
Until later,

> OK Harry......go into Spybot and do the following.....I now have it up in
> front of me and I will tell you the *exact* wording.....
>
> It shows 2003 bad products are now blocked......
>
> I click on Immunize and it now says 2006 bad products are blocked.....
>
> Fine....now up to the right of the green cross that is called "Immunize"
is
> a magnifying glass called "Check Again"......
>
> Hit "Check Again" and you will go back to "2003" bad products are
> blocked.....
>
> Capish?? Hence, you are now back to 2003 blocked items...so your 2006 are
> merely an illusion, whichever way you want to look at it.
>
> Heather
>
> Beside
> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> >
> > It doesn't say "recheck", Heather, it says "immunize" with a +sign in
> front
> > of it and no illusion either, because after you click it, you have all
> 2006
> > items blocked. The illusion must be those three unprotected items, if
any.
> > But enough already, whatever works for you.
> > Make sure you have those gears greased nicely.
> >
> > Harry.
> >

> > "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> > > Harry.....after you click the immunize button.....then go back and hit
> the
> > > one that says "recheck" or some such......the 3 drop off again. It is
> an
> > > illusion. And I have no problem downloading the defs......I just pick
> > > country that is asleep at the time I am doing it!!
> > >
> > > I would say, based on the couple of times I started to run a scan, it
> > would
> > > take well over an hour to finish. It is incredibly slow!! So I stick
> > with
> > > AdAware. And since I started using Firefox exclusively, I have not
had
> > ONE
> > > piece of spyware on this machine....so it gets a little boring, lol.
> > >
> > > Cheers.....Heather
> > > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message

> the
> three
> > threats

> AdAware

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

Sigh.......what part of that explanation did you not understand?? And I
will ask David (Lipman) privately what in hell you are talking about.

HF

> Heather:
>
> With this I am convinced that pigs can fly.
> Dave (Lipman) has living proof of it, too.
> Maybe he'll share it with you, if you ask him to.
> I must go now and take care of some important things.
> Until later,
>
> Harry.
>

> "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> > OK Harry......go into Spybot and do the following.....I now have it up
in
> > front of me and I will tell you the *exact* wording.....
> >
> > It shows 2003 bad products are now blocked......
> >
> > I click on Immunize and it now says 2006 bad products are blocked.....
> >
> > Fine....now up to the right of the green cross that is called "Immunize"
> is
> > a magnifying glass called "Check Again"......
> >
> > Hit "Check Again" and you will go back to "2003" bad products are
> > blocked.....
> >
> > Capish?? Hence, you are now back to 2003 blocked items...so your 2006
are
> > merely an illusion, whichever way you want to look at it.
> >
> > Heather
> >
> > Beside
> > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> > >
> > > It doesn't say "recheck", Heather, it says "immunize" with a +sign in
> > front
> > > of it and no illusion either, because after you click it, you have all
> > 2006
> > > items blocked. The illusion must be those three unprotected items, if
> any.
> > > But enough already, whatever works for you.
> > > Make sure you have those gears greased nicely.
> > >
> > > Harry.
> > >

> > > "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> > the
> > an

> > > would
> > > with
> had
> > > ONE

> > the
> time.
> > three
> > > threats

> > AdAware

flying pigs, yeesh, keep up.

Rick

Heather wrote:
> Sigh.......what part of that explanation did you not understand?? And I
> will ask David (Lipman) privately what in hell you are talking about.
>
> HF
> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
>
>>Heather:
>>
>>With this I am convinced that pigs can fly.
>>Dave (Lipman) has living proof of it, too.
>>Maybe he'll share it with you, if you ask him to.
>>I must go now and take care of some important things.
>>Until later,
>>
>> Harry.
>>

>>"Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>>>OK Harry......go into Spybot and do the following.....I now have it up
>
> in
>
>>>front of me and I will tell you the *exact* wording.....
>>>
>>>It shows 2003 bad products are now blocked......
>>>
>>>I click on Immunize and it now says 2006 bad products are blocked.....
>>>
>>>Fine....now up to the right of the green cross that is called "Immunize"
>>
>>is
>>
>>>a magnifying glass called "Check Again"......
>>>
>>>Hit "Check Again" and you will go back to "2003" bad products are
>>>blocked.....
>>>
>>>Capish?? Hence, you are now back to 2003 blocked items...so your 2006
>
> are
>
>>>merely an illusion, whichever way you want to look at it.
>>>
>>>Heather
>>>
>>>Beside
>>>"webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message

>>>front

>>>2006

>>any.

> hit
>
>>>the

> is
>
>>>an

> pick

> it

> stick

>>had

> on
>
>>>the

>>time.

>>>three

>>>AdAware

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

David and I do not eat pork......lol. Won't see any pigs (flying or
otherwise) in this house!! Crisp bacon is OK tho.

A totally silly answer......Figgs