FS2004 crshing problems

So, I should start out by saying that I have owned FS2004 for well over
6 months and have had no problems untill now.

I started up the program today, and went to go over the checklist on
the electronic kneepad. However, when I went to scroll the kneepad
down the game crashed. I can get the kneepad up find, and close it
fine, but the minute I scroll on any of the kneepad windows the program
crashes. So I uninstalled, then reinstalled flight simulator, and
downloaded the 9.1 update from Microsoft. the kneepad still does not
work, and now when I try to load an adventure, the game just quits to
the desktop with no error messages. Has anyone else had any of these
problems? Anyone know how to get around them? Thanks in advance.

More about fs2004 crshing problems

    Is the kneepad the only thing causing the crashes? is there any way
    for you to make it crash other from scrolling down in the kneepad
    screen? Because if this is the case I would try reinstalling Internet
    Explorer or something... have you installed any security patches
    lately? The kneepad is a mini internet explorer browser. If you are
    having problems with it, even after reinstalling FS2004, then to me it

    is clear your problem is not FS2004 but something with IE

    Fun Ad-Aware and Spybot. Also I seem to recall an add-on that will cause this crash. It's somewhere in the FAQs.

    http://www.fskb.net/Wiki.jsp?page=TipsAndTricks
    http://www.simflight.com
    http://www.fskb.net/Wiki.jsp
    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=flightsim2004faq
    http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/

    --
    ....Carl Frisk
    Anger is a brief madness.

    "physmike" <physmike@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message news:1108642959.25212@forums.simradar.com...
    > So, I should start out by saying that I have owned FS2004 for well over
    > 6 months and have had no problems untill now.
    >
    > I started up the program today, and went to go over the checklist on
    > the electronic kneepad. However, when I went to scroll the kneepad
    > down the game crashed. I can get the kneepad up find, and close it
    > fine, but the minute I scroll on any of the kneepad windows the program
    > crashes. So I uninstalled, then reinstalled flight simulator, and
    > downloaded the 9.1 update from Microsoft. the kneepad still does not
    > work, and now when I try to load an adventure, the game just quits to
    > the desktop with no error messages. Has anyone else had any of these
    > problems? Anyone know how to get around them? Thanks in advance.

    That should be Run ... not Fun....

    --
    ....Carl Frisk
    Anger is a brief madness.

    On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 06:22:51 -0600, physmike wrote:
    > So I uninstalled, then reinstalled flight simulator, and
    > downloaded the 9.1 update from Microsoft.

    "Uninstalling and reinstalling" *rarely* fixes problems, because most
    problems stem from .cfg files that aren't removed during an "uninstall."

    Rename the fs9.cfg file to fs9.bak, then restart FS and see if the problem
    persists. If it is solved, either reset your configuration, or copy the
    relevant parts of the fs9.bak file to the new fs9.cfg file.

    The other problem file might be a corrupted default.flt file. Delete it,
    and build a new one.

    Bill

    On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 06:25:51 -0600, Jose L Altuve Jr. wrote:
    > is clear your problem is not FS2004 but something with IE

    Not necessarily. A corrupt flag in the fs9.cfg can cause the same problem.

    Bill

    I am not sure what is taking place since I don't know the chain of events
    that took place before this started happening. However I have found that
    the new Utility called Flight Sim Manager available at Avsim and
    Flightsim.com works wonders. I use it all the time to find problems with
    all of the add-on's that I am constantly putting into FS9. The latest
    version even lets you setup AI flights until your hearts content. It may
    also find your problem if you have scenery's that have added in more than
    one file by the same name but in different locations. Just install the
    program and go to the Doctors Icon and start there. It is one of the best
    freeware add-on utilities we have ever seen here at www.simflite.com
    Southern California's largest flightsimulation group.
    fisheye

    "physmike" <physmike@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
    > So, I should start out by saying that I have owned FS2004 for well over
    > 6 months and have had no problems untill now.
    >
    > I started up the program today, and went to go over the checklist on
    > the electronic kneepad. However, when I went to scroll the kneepad
    > down the game crashed. I can get the kneepad up find, and close it
    > fine, but the minute I scroll on any of the kneepad windows the program
    > crashes. So I uninstalled, then reinstalled flight simulator, and
    > downloaded the 9.1 update from Microsoft. the kneepad still does not
    > work, and now when I try to load an adventure, the game just quits to
    > the desktop with no error messages. Has anyone else had any of these
    > problems? Anyone know how to get around them? Thanks in advance.

Microsoft Video Games