missing "folder options" from tools tab and control panel

hi!
i was infected with vb-Redlof.A virus. I am sure you guys will find out what
its all about. my problem is that even after removing the virus properly, I
am UNABLE to find/view the 'Folder Options' tab in the 'Tools' menu. Even
when I try to 'Customise' the folder, I get an error message saying that the
supervisor has restricted this functionality.
please advise how to solve the problem
regards,
malikjimmy@hotmail.com
jjsmalik@yahoo.co.in
1 answer Last reply
More about missing folder options tools control panel

    from
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/pf/html.redlof.a.html
    <quote>
    CAUTION: Symantec strongly recommends that you back up the registry before
    you make any changes to it. Incorrect changes to the registry can result in
    permanent data loss or corrupted files. Modify only the keys that are
    specified. Read the document How to make a backup of the Windows registry
    for instructions.

    1.. Click Start, and click Run. The Run dialog box appears.
    2.. Type regedit and then click OK. The Registry Editor opens.
    3.. Navigate to the key

    4.. In the right pane, delete the value

    Kernel32

    5.. Navigate to the key

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\[Default Use ID]\Software\
    Microsoft\Outlook Express\[Outlook Version].0\Mail

    6.. In the right pane, delete the values

    Compose Use Stationery
    Stationery Name
    Wide Stationery Name

    7.. Navigate to the key

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Outlook\Options\Mail

    8.. In the right pane, delete the value

    EditorPreference

    9.. Navigate to and delete these subkeys:

    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dllFile\Shell
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dllFile\ShellEx
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dllFile\ScriptEngine
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dllFile\ScriptHostEncode

    10.. Exit the Registry Editor.
    <unquote>
    see if that helps

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    "Jimmy" <Jimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi!
    > i was infected with vb-Redlof.A virus. I am sure you guys will find out
    > what
    > its all about. my problem is that even after removing the virus properly,
    > am UNABLE to find/view the 'Folder Options' tab in the 'Tools' menu. Even
    > when I try to 'Customise' the folder, I get an error message saying that
    > the
    > supervisor has restricted this functionality.
    > please advise how to solve the problem
    > regards,
    > malikjimmy@hotmail.com
    > jjsmalik@yahoo.co.in