dos

I am running memtest86 on my new board. I am getting errors, like 200 on
test 5 and 7 on test 7 . I have 3 slots for ram,2 slots are being used, slot
1 and 3. Can changing slots make a difference, say I use 1 and 2 instead of
1 and 3? The ram is PC3200 X 2- 512MB sticks.DFI lanparty mobo

Up the voltage a bit, then, if that fails at 2.8 volts or less, try one
stick at a time.

doS wrote:
> I am running memtest86 on my new board. I am getting errors, like 200
> on test 5 and 7 on test 7 . I have 3 slots for ram,2 slots are being
> used, slot 1 and 3. Can changing slots make a difference, say I use 1
> and 2 instead of 1 and 3? The ram is PC3200 X 2- 512MB sticks.DFI
> lanparty mobo

run the test with one stick at a time and it will begin to tell you which
stick is defective.

Shannon