hard drive for iTunes software setup...question..

Hello all,

Not sure if I'm in the right group, if not please direct me the right way. I'm going to finally load all my cd's on my PC.
I'll be using iTunes' software(unless there is better software I'm not aware of??). I'd like to put all music on a seperate hard
drive. I am wondering if I should go with an external
or internal drive, and what brand, or if it really matters. Is there anything I should look for in a hard drive that will be
storing mostly music and maybe some photo's? Also, is it possible to hook up a pc/harddrive to an audio system(so music will play
thru system speakers instead of pc speakers)??? Thanks for any info.

ron

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 10:50:15 -0500, "rferoni" <rferoni-AT-hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Hello all,
>
> Not sure if I'm in the right group, if not please direct me the right way. I'm going to finally load all my cd's on my PC.
>I'll be using iTunes' software(unless there is better software I'm not aware of??). I'd like to put all music on a seperate hard
>drive. I am wondering if I should go with an external
>or internal drive, and what brand, or if it really matters. Is there anything I should look for in a hard drive that will be
>storing mostly music and maybe some photo's? Also, is it possible to hook up a pc/harddrive to an audio system(so music will play
>thru system speakers instead of pc speakers)??? Thanks for any info.
>
>ron

I've never used iTunes software form ripping cd's to mp3. I use Audio
Grabber (free) http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/
As to using internal or external HDD, that is up to you, I would go
internal if you only have one HDD installed right now. Seagate is a
good brand and fairly quiet but a lot of people are singing praises of
the Samsungs because they are really quiet. You can hook up your PC
sound card to your stereo by taking the soundcards lineout jack to the
auxillary in on your reciever. You will need to split the channels
from the linout of the soundcard to left and right channels. You get
the splitter at Radioshack. It needs minijack in female with RCA out
males left and right. You will also need a straight line out cable to
reach your stereo from the soundcard, also from Radioshack. Both ends
will be minijacks male.

wrote:

>Hello all,
>
> Not sure if I'm in the right group, if not please direct me the right way. I'm going to finally load all my cd's on my PC.
>I'll be using iTunes' software(unless there is better software I'm not aware of??).

I tunes is alright for getting you library organized if you're into
that. Personally, I am. It sorts you're files into folders by artist
and albums and you can do the tag editing with it too.

Thanks for the info....

ron