Windows Media Players 9Series

I have run the setup more than once but cannot find it to uninstall it in
Add/Remove
and WinSetupTab. The only reference in setup
tab under Multimedia is Media Player 1 but the
box is un-ticked.
This has never worked on my sytem.
InterVideo, PowerVideo and Windows Media
Player 6.4 works fine.
The latest one does not recognize the discs in
drives. It recognises them only in Tools > Options > Devices.
How can I remove it from my os?
1 answer Last reply
More about windows media players 9series

    AAH,

    WMP9 does not provide any mechanism to remove it which is why it will only
    install after checking that the system restore 290700 patch for system
    restore is present and correct. Using system restore or a backup image
    are the only supported mechanisms for removing WMP9. Using Google you
    will however find a couple of "hack" methods for removing WMP9. If
    reinstalling Win Me over itself all that is necessary is to first
    delete/rename the file wmploc.dll.
    --
    Mike Maltby
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    AAH <aah@chakcomnet.net> wrote:

    > I have run the setup more than once but cannot find it to uninstall
    > it in Add/Remove
    > and WinSetupTab. The only reference in setup
    > tab under Multimedia is Media Player 1 but the
    > box is un-ticked.
    > This has never worked on my sytem.
    > InterVideo, PowerVideo and Windows Media
    > Player 6.4 works fine.
    > The latest one does not recognize the discs in
    > drives. It recognises them only in Tools > Options > Devices.
    > How can I remove it from my os?

Microsoft Windows