cant open Internet Explorer, control panel blank?

my friend has windows me. she wanted to download msn messenger and when she
did it said she needed to upgrade to internet explorer version 6. when she
did she couldnt type in seach bars or type at all on aol, and IE wouldnt even
open up. she went to a website and looked for help. the site said to go to
control panel and delete a certain folder in IE. when she did it didnt work
all her files in control panel were gone as well as files under my computer
and documents. so she cant uninstall IE. I suggested system restore. but when
she tried she got something to pop up which said microsoft internet explorer
error 29.if you have any suggestions on what to do that would be great.
thanks, josie.

Your friend wouldn't happen to be running Norton software, would she?
If so, try booting to Safe Mode, and running the installation of Internet
Explorer again, from there.

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

"josie" <josie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my friend has windows me. she wanted to download msn messenger and when
> she
> did it said she needed to upgrade to internet explorer version 6. when she
> did she couldnt type in seach bars or type at all on aol, and IE wouldnt
> even
> open up. she went to a website and looked for help. the site said to go to
> control panel and delete a certain folder in IE. when she did it didnt
> work
> all her files in control panel were gone as well as files under my
> computer
> and documents. so she cant uninstall IE. I suggested system restore. but
> when
> she tried she got something to pop up which said microsoft internet
> explorer
> error 29.if you have any suggestions on what to do that would be great.
> thanks, josie.

Thanks, i think she does use Norton, Ill have her try it. Thanks again, josie.