Problem booting up...Matcli is in the taskbar

I've got Windows ME and all of a sudden, my machine doesn't want to boot up.
It gets hung up when the desktop loads and there is a button showing on the
taskbar called "Matcli" with a little DOS icon.
Any idea what thiat is and if that's the cause of my problem, and if so, how
to fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Jeb
2 answers Last reply
More about problem booting matcli taskbar

    When I installed Verizon, There was a "Help and Support" feature that
    installs automatically with Verizon. This feature diagnoses problems within
    your P.C. If Verizon is installed, look for a question mark icon either on
    your desktop or your program files. You can uninstall the "Help and Support"
    feature by going into the add/remove without any ill affects.
    Keep in mind this is my experience with Matcli bundled with Verizon.
    Your "Help and Support" feature might be bundled with another ISP.

    "Jebidiah" <Jebidiah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've got Windows ME and all of a sudden, my machine doesn't want to boot
    > up.
    > It gets hung up when the desktop loads and there is a button showing on
    > the
    > taskbar called "Matcli" with a little DOS icon.
    > Any idea what thiat is and if that's the cause of my problem, and if so,
    > how
    > to fix it?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Jeb

    It's amazing what a Google or Mamma search finds!! See here (one of many
    hits for "Matcli"):
    http://www.wintrouble.net/discus/messages/53/5326.html

Taskbar Microsoft Windows Me Windows