Problem booting up...Matcli is in the taskbar

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
August 4, 2005 4:13:03 AM

I've got Windows ME and all of a sudden, my machine doesn't want to boot up.
It gets hung up when the desktop loads and there is a button showing on the
taskbar called "Matcli" with a little DOS icon.
Any idea what thiat is and if that's the cause of my problem, and if so, how
to fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Jeb
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 10:27:07 AM

When I installed Verizon, There was a "Help and Support" feature that
installs automatically with Verizon. This feature diagnoses problems within
your P.C. If Verizon is installed, look for a question mark icon either on
your desktop or your program files. You can uninstall the "Help and Support"
feature by going into the add/remove without any ill affects.
Keep in mind this is my experience with Matcli bundled with Verizon.
Your "Help and Support" feature might be bundled with another ISP.

"Jebidiah" wrote:

> I've got Windows ME and all of a sudden, my machine doesn't want to boot up.
> It gets hung up when the desktop loads and there is a button showing on the
> taskbar called "Matcli" with a little DOS icon.
> Any idea what thiat is and if that's the cause of my problem, and if so, how
> to fix it?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jeb
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 3:45:25 PM

"Jebidiah" <Jebidiah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've got Windows ME and all of a sudden, my machine doesn't want to boot
> up.
> It gets hung up when the desktop loads and there is a button showing on
> the
> taskbar called "Matcli" with a little DOS icon.
> Any idea what thiat is and if that's the cause of my problem, and if so,
> how
> to fix it?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jeb

It's amazing what a Google or Mamma search finds!! See here (one of many
hits for "Matcli"):
http://www.wintrouble.net/discus/messages/53/5326.html
!