Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Problem booting up...Matcli is in the taskbar

Tags:
  • Taskbar
  • Microsoft
  • Windows Me
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 4:13:03 AM

I've got Windows ME and all of a sudden, my machine doesn't want to boot up.
It gets hung up when the desktop loads and there is a button showing on the
taskbar called "Matcli" with a little DOS icon.
Any idea what thiat is and if that's the cause of my problem, and if so, how
to fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Jeb

More about : problem booting matcli taskbar

Anonymous
August 4, 2005 10:27:07 AM

When I installed Verizon, There was a "Help and Support" feature that
installs automatically with Verizon. This feature diagnoses problems within
your P.C. If Verizon is installed, look for a question mark icon either on
your desktop or your program files. You can uninstall the "Help and Support"
feature by going into the add/remove without any ill affects.
Keep in mind this is my experience with Matcli bundled with Verizon.
Your "Help and Support" feature might be bundled with another ISP.

"Jebidiah" wrote:

> I've got Windows ME and all of a sudden, my machine doesn't want to boot up.
> It gets hung up when the desktop loads and there is a button showing on the
> taskbar called "Matcli" with a little DOS icon.
> Any idea what thiat is and if that's the cause of my problem, and if so, how
> to fix it?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jeb
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 3:45:25 PM

"Jebidiah" <Jebidiah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've got Windows ME and all of a sudden, my machine doesn't want to boot
> up.
> It gets hung up when the desktop loads and there is a button showing on
> the
> taskbar called "Matcli" with a little DOS icon.
> Any idea what thiat is and if that's the cause of my problem, and if so,
> how
> to fix it?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jeb

It's amazing what a Google or Mamma search finds!! See here (one of many
hits for "Matcli"):
http://www.wintrouble.net/discus/messages/53/5326.html