Printer for brochures, flyers, mail shots

ME

Sorry if this shows up twice. Posted it earlier today but it hasn't
shown up on two servers I checked. Maybe individual.net didn't like that
it was cross posted to 4 groups.

Hi
A friend is looking for an A3 printer for doing advertising material for
his business. Main criteria is it is for business use, so it has to be
robust and as the output is mainly for prospective clients the print
quality has to be very good. Printing will be text and images, including
photographs. He has been looking at the Xerox Phaser 7300N, which is an
LED printer. I've read that the print quality from LED printers isn't as
good as from a laser but others say it's hard to tell the difference.
Does anyone have experience of this printer?

Alternatively if anyone can recommend another printer that is up to the
job that would be appreciated. Has to be A3 and laser/LED to keep costs
down.

Finally the cheapest he can find the above printer if £2467 inc VAT so
that would be the top price, anything lower (but up to the job)
appreciated.

thanks

In message <2rg9r4F19r84bU1@uni-berlin.de>, Me <me@privacy.net> writes
>Sorry if this shows up twice. Posted it earlier today but it hasn't
>shown up on two servers I checked. Maybe individual.net didn't like that
>it was cross posted to 4 groups.
>
>Hi
>A friend is looking for an A3 printer for doing advertising material for
>his business. Main criteria is it is for business use, so it has to be
>robust and as the output is mainly for prospective clients the print
>quality has to be very good. Printing will be text and images, including
>photographs. He has been looking at the Xerox Phaser 7300N, which is an
>LED printer. I've read that the print quality from LED printers isn't as
>good as from a laser but others say it's hard to tell the difference.
>Does anyone have experience of this printer?
>
>Alternatively if anyone can recommend another printer that is up to the
>job that would be appreciated. Has to be A3 and laser/LED to keep costs
>down.
>
>Finally the cheapest he can find the above printer if £2467 inc VAT so
>that would be the top price, anything lower (but up to the job)
>appreciated.

There are a number out there for around this price I have been looking
at Kyocera's FS-C8008N - the cheapest I have found that is 2499 inc VAT.

He should be not only considering the purchase price but the running
costs. As running costs will over the long term work out more than the
purchase price. The machine I have here Xerox 8200 (solid ink A4) cost
considerably less than 1,000 but that is about what I am spending in a
year on the consumables.

If you contact a reseller they will be able to generate sample printouts
for you to compare and contrast.

--
Timothy Lee http://www.wightproperty.com
tlatwightpropertydotcom

Douglas

The 7300 is a tabloid size printer.Your 8400 is an A4 printer.Many of my
clients dislike the waxy feel of solid ink prints.I would say the 7300N
would be a very good choice!

In message <7_OdneIhGeG36MncRVn-rg@centurytel.net>, Douglas
<?.?@?.?.invalid> writes
>The 7300 is a tabloid size printer.Your 8400 is an A4 printer.Many of my
>clients dislike the waxy feel of solid ink prints.I would say the 7300N
>would be a very good choice!

I wasn't suggesting he go for the 8200 I was suggesting he consider
consumable costs as well as purchase cost and quoted my example where I
am spending more per year on consumables than the cost of the machine. I
suggested he also consider the Kyocera FS-C8008N

--
Timothy Lee http://www.wightproperty.com
tlatwightpropertydotcom

Douglas

The Kyocera C8008N is only a 600dpi printer.The 7300N is 2400dpi,comes with
more standard memory and is about a thousand dollars less! Not to mention a
current $500 rebate!

In message <p9GdnZ-L8ai_o8vcRVn-vQ@centurytel.net>, Douglas
<?.?@?.?.invalid> writes
>The Kyocera C8008N is only a 600dpi printer.The 7300N is 2400dpi,comes with
>more standard memory and is about a thousand dollars less! Not to mention a
>current $500 rebate!

Interesting, the Xerox is about £500 more in the UK