ps/2 mouse and keyboard no response after winXP installation

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
March 28, 2005 9:11:06 AM

After a new build I installed windows XP home edition OEM version
following instructions on 'build your own computer'..it recommended
first boot up with system diskette and partitioning/formatting etc
via dos....seems to be a mistake because when I boot up I get the
choice between Windows and Windows XP, then when I start up with
windows xp the mouse and keyboard don't respond ......when I change
the boot sequence to cd/rom-hdd-floppy, I can use the keyboard and
mouse until I try to type something, then everything freezes!
Anyone know a sollution to this problem?
thankz
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
March 28, 2005 10:11:15 PM

you dont use a floppy to install xp you use the xp cd rom

set the bios to boot from cd rom then felete the 2 current partitions and
install xp onto a formatted blank drive

ALL FROM THE CD forget about floppies!

Things will probably work as expected then!

news:D b01b$424791ea$455da0d2$428@allthenewsgroups.com...

!