ps/2 mouse and keyboard no response after winXP installation

After a new build I installed windows XP home edition OEM version
following instructions on 'build your own computer'..it recommended
first boot up with system diskette and partitioning/formatting etc
via dos....seems to be a mistake because when I boot up I get the
choice between Windows and Windows XP, then when I start up with
windows xp the mouse and keyboard don't respond ......when I change
the boot sequence to cd/rom-hdd-floppy, I can use the keyboard and
mouse until I try to type something, then everything freezes!
Anyone know a sollution to this problem?
thankz
1 answer Last reply
More about mouse keyboard response winxp installation

    you dont use a floppy to install xp you use the xp cd rom

    set the bios to boot from cd rom then felete the 2 current partitions and
    install xp onto a formatted blank drive

    ALL FROM THE CD forget about floppies!

    Things will probably work as expected then!

    "SloMouse" <stevelomas@home-dot-nl.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    > After a new build I installed windows XP home edition OEM version
    > following instructions on 'build your own computer'..it recommended
    > first boot up with system diskette and partitioning/formatting etc
    > via dos....seems to be a mistake because when I boot up I get the
    > choice between Windows and Windows XP, then when I start up with
    > windows xp the mouse and keyboard don't respond ......when I change
    > the boot sequence to cd/rom-hdd-floppy, I can use the keyboard and
    > mouse until I try to type something, then everything freezes!
    > Anyone know a sollution to this problem?
    > thankz

Homebuilt Windows XP Keyboards Systems