Sites to get the lowest prices online

Any more sites to add to this list? Here's where I'm shopping so
far...

www.pricewatch.com good
www.pricegrabber.com (more hits than pricewatch)
www.froogle.com ok
11 answers Last reply
More about sites lowest prices online

    "Phisherman" <nobody@noone.com> wrote in message
    > Any more sites to add to this list? Here's where I'm shopping so
    > far...
    >
    > www.pricewatch.com good
    > www.pricegrabber.com (more hits than pricewatch)
    > www.froogle.com ok

    You might give www.streetprices.com a try.

    Try Newegg and Ebay.

    "Phisherman" <nobody@noone.com> wrote in message
    > Any more sites to add to this list? Here's where I'm shopping so
    > far...
    >
    > www.pricewatch.com good
    > www.pricegrabber.com (more hits than pricewatch)
    > www.froogle.com ok

    >www.pricewatch.com good
    >www.pricegrabber.com (more hits than pricewatch)
    >www.froogle.com ok

    http://www.pricescan.com/
    http://www.mysimon.com/
    http://slickdeals.net/
    http://www.fatwallet.com/
    http://dailyedeals.com/
    http://www.techbargains.com/
    http://www.dealsofamerica.com/

    Always check their http://www.resellerratings.com/ and
    http://www.epinions.com/ before buying anything.

    ----------
    AJ

    I have a pricing issue with Newegg. They are located in my state
    (Tennessee) and add on a whopping 9.75% sales tax with shipping,
    making other sources a better buy for the same item. I'll check out
    Ebay. I am particularly having problems finding EPoX EP-5EPAJ
    motherboard and the new Antec Sonata II case (if it exists?). Thanks.

    On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 13:06:37 GMT, "Papa" <bikingis@my.fun> wrote:

    >Try Newegg and Ebay.
    >
    >"Phisherman" <nobody@noone.com> wrote in message
    >> Any more sites to add to this list? Here's where I'm shopping so
    >> far...
    >>
    >> www.pricewatch.com good
    >> www.pricegrabber.com (more hits than pricewatch)
    >> www.froogle.com ok

    EPOX EP-5EPA+ INTEL 915P CHIPSET SERIAL ATA150 ATX FORM FACTOR
    1xPCI-E(X16)/2xPCI-E(X1)/4xPCI/4xDDR W/SATA RAID,LAN(Gb),USB 2.0 & AUDIO
    (CPU TYPE:INTEL CELERON D, PENTIUM 4 LGA775 - 533/800Mhz) (*While Supplies
    Last!) $112.00

    SKU: BA20658 mwave.com

    > I have a pricing issue with Newegg. They are located in my state
    > (Tennessee) and add on a whopping 9.75% sales tax with shipping,
    > making other sources a better buy for the same item. I'll check out
    > Ebay. I am particularly having problems finding EPoX EP-5EPAJ
    > motherboard and the new Antec Sonata II case (if it exists?). Thanks.
    >
    > On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 13:06:37 GMT, "Papa" <bikingis@my.fun> wrote:
    >
    > >Try Newegg and Ebay.
    > >
    > >"Phisherman" <nobody@noone.com> wrote in message
    > >> Any more sites to add to this list? Here's where I'm shopping so
    > >> far...
    > >>
    > >> www.pricewatch.com good
    > >> www.pricegrabber.com (more hits than pricewatch)
    > >> www.froogle.com ok

    Sometimes it's also helpful to just google the thing you want and include
    "lowest price". Pricegrabber is good, in general. I've had issues with
    pricewatch, where the advertised price wasn't always the same, or they'd
    have some ridiculous shipping cost. If you're buying something expensive and
    delicate like a motherboard, I'd stick with only the most reputable
    companies like Newegg

    "Phisherman" <nobody@noone.com> wrote in message
    > Any more sites to add to this list? Here's where I'm shopping so
    > far...
    >
    > www.pricewatch.com good
    > www.pricegrabber.com (more hits than pricewatch)
    > www.froogle.com ok

    On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:28:58 GMT, Phisherman <nobody@noone.com> had a
    flock of green cheek conures squawk out:

    >Any more sites to add to this list? Here's where I'm shopping so
    >far...
    >
    >www.pricewatch.com good
    >www.pricegrabber.com (more hits than pricewatch)
    >www.froogle.com ok

    Don't forget to check www.resellerratings.com to weed out the bad
    ones.

    I've had no problems with www.newegg.com

    Stephen

    No they aren't. They have a warehouse with some items in it in Tenn.

    Phisherman wrote:
    > I have a pricing issue with Newegg. They are located in my state
    > (Tennessee) and add on a whopping 9.75% sales tax with shipping,
    > making other sources a better buy for the same item. I'll check out
    > Ebay. I am particularly having problems finding EPoX EP-5EPAJ
    > motherboard and the new Antec Sonata II case (if it exists?). Thanks.

    I've had good luck with ZipZoomFly, but every once in awhile I will buy
    something from TigerDirect as long as it doesn't have an insane rebate
    scam attached to it. The only good rebates from them are the ones that
    can be processed online and you still have to hound them to get your
    money back.

    I buy most of my stuff from New Egg, ZipZoomFly, AxionTech. Every once
    in awhile I'll deal with TheNerds (also good deals on accessories),
    Tiger Direct, or Geeks.com (they have good deals on certain keyboards &
    mice).

    Other than a rebate scam from Tiger Direct I've not had bad experiences
    shopping online. All of these folks are reputable, and between them
    you'll be within a few dollars of the cost on anything you want unless
    it's a supermicro case or high end server parts or something of that
    nature.

    -Timbertea

    "Stephen" <stephen2002{NOSPAM}@lurker.homeip.net> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:28:58 GMT, Phisherman <nobody@noone.com> had a
    > flock of green cheek conures squawk out:
    >
    >>Any more sites to add to this list? Here's where I'm shopping so
    >>far...
    >>
    >>www.pricewatch.com good
    >>www.pricegrabber.com (more hits than pricewatch)
    >>www.froogle.com ok
    >>

    > Don't forget to check www.resellerratings.com to weed out the bad

    I strongly support this point. Especially when using Pricewatch - the vast
    majority of the lowest price vendors have real scumball reputations at
    www.resellerratings. Apparently, several of them are actually the same
    company, just with different names.

    You can also see reviews and ratings of vendors at www.pricegrabber.

    FWIW, I've had good experience with mwave, newegg, zipzoomfly, techonweb.

    A key point is that even these 'good guys' require you to pay for return
    shipping - even if the product is DOA.
    If you want 'full service' you need to pay the price at places like
    CircuitCity, Compusa, etc.

    > ones.
    >
    > I've had no problems with www.newegg.com
    >
    > Stephen

    What difference does the precise wording make?

    "doS" <kobo65@hotREMOVETHISmail.com> wrote:

    > From: "doS" <kobo65 hotREMOVETHISmail.com>
    > Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
    > Subject: Re: Sites to get the lowest prices online
    > Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:04:33 -0500
    >
    > No they aren't. They have a warehouse with some items in it in Tenn.
    >
    > "Phisherman" <nobody@noone.com> wrote in message
    >>I have a pricing issue with Newegg. They are located in my state
    >> (Tennessee) and add on a whopping 9.75% sales tax with shipping,
    >> making other sources a better buy for the same item. I'll check out
    >> Ebay. I am particularly having problems finding EPoX EP-5EPAJ
    >> motherboard and the new Antec Sonata II case (if it exists?). Thanks.
    >>
    >> On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 13:06:37 GMT, "Papa" <bikingis@my.fun> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Try Newegg and Ebay.
    >>>
    >>>"Phisherman" <nobody@noone.com> wrote in message

Homebuilt Hardware Systems