Help! XP Pro will not boot after installing SP2

Hi,

Have a small shuttle system I build last year which has been running OK,
until today I installed SP2 from CD.

Now it hangs at the Windows XP screen, and if I try to boot in safe mode it
hangs as well. I can`t use a floppy because there is none and I can`t find
my windows cd. What can I do?

>Hi,
>
>Have a small shuttle system I build last year which has been running OK,
>until today I installed SP2 from CD.
>
>Now it hangs at the Windows XP screen, and if I try to boot in safe mode it
>hangs as well. I can`t use a floppy because there is none and I can`t find
>my windows cd. What can I do?

You need to do a repair using an XP cd. Almost all SP2 upgrade
problems can be traced back to installing over spyware or malware.
Can't do a repair then put the drive in a USB enclosure or another PC
to get your data off. Then do a clean XP install which won't have
spyware on it.

------------
AJ

"Andrew J" <ajpk3@hotmail.comremove> wrote in message

> You need to do a repair using an XP cd. Almost all SP2 upgrade
> problems can be traced back to installing over spyware or malware.
> Can't do a repair then put the drive in a USB enclosure or another PC
> to get your data off. Then do a clean XP install which won't have
> spyware on it.

> AJ

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, tried a repair but could not get it working, turns
out the bios needed an update becuase it caused problems with SP2.

Had to format and reinstall, then update bios before SP2.