Help! XP Pro will not boot after installing SP2

Hi,

Have a small shuttle system I build last year which has been running OK,
until today I installed SP2 from CD.

Now it hangs at the Windows XP screen, and if I try to boot in safe mode it
hangs as well. I can`t use a floppy because there is none and I can`t find
my windows cd. What can I do?
2 answers Last reply
More about help boot installing

    >Hi,
    >
    >Have a small shuttle system I build last year which has been running OK,
    >until today I installed SP2 from CD.
    >
    >Now it hangs at the Windows XP screen, and if I try to boot in safe mode it
    >hangs as well. I can`t use a floppy because there is none and I can`t find
    >my windows cd. What can I do?

    You need to do a repair using an XP cd. Almost all SP2 upgrade
    problems can be traced back to installing over spyware or malware.
    Can't do a repair then put the drive in a USB enclosure or another PC
    to get your data off. Then do a clean XP install which won't have
    spyware on it.

    ------------
    AJ

    "Andrew J" <ajpk3@hotmail.comremove> wrote in message

    > You need to do a repair using an XP cd. Almost all SP2 upgrade
    > problems can be traced back to installing over spyware or malware.
    > Can't do a repair then put the drive in a USB enclosure or another PC
    > to get your data off. Then do a clean XP install which won't have
    > spyware on it.

    > AJ

    Hi,

    Thanks for the reply, tried a repair but could not get it working, turns
    out the bios needed an update becuase it caused problems with SP2.

    Had to format and reinstall, then update bios before SP2.

Homebuilt Boot CD-Rom Windows XP Systems