Download "Restore" update?

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
a b D Laptop
August 7, 2005 6:43:31 PM

Hi All...........

I just recently aquired a cheap laptop and am presently putting Me on it.
Unfortunately it has no connectivity to the internet. Is is possible for me
to download from "wherever" the Restore Update for Me so I might burn it to
a CD and put it on the laptop?

TIA
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 8, 2005 12:02:37 AM

If you are referring to the 290700 hotfix for Win Me's system restore then
you can download this from the Windows Update Catalogue
(http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/defaul...) using
another PC and then transfer it to and install it on your laptop.

You can also access the Windows Update Catalogue from the Windows Update
site but first you need to click "Personalize Windows Update" in the left
hand pane and then in the right hand pane check "Display link to the
Windows Update Catalogue" after which you should now see it in the left
hand pane as an option.

When at the WU Catalogue click Find updates for Microsoft Windows
operating systems. Select Windows Millennium and then click Search. You
will now be offered 148 or so patches. Click Critical Updates and Service
Packs (currently 61) and then use the Mark I eyeball to locate the
required hotfixes. <vbg>
--
Mike Maltby
mike.maltby@gmail.com

CLR <croberts@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> Hi All...........
>
> I just recently aquired a cheap laptop and am presently putting Me on
> it. Unfortunately it has no connectivity to the internet. Is is
> possible for me to download from "wherever" the Restore Update for Me
> so I might burn it to a CD and put it on the laptop?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 8, 2005 12:02:38 AM

That's PERFECT Mike............exactly what I wanted.................thanks
ever so much!

Vaya con Dios
Chuck, CABGx3

> If you are referring to the 290700 hotfix for Win Me's system restore then
> you can download this from the Windows Update Catalogue
> (http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/defaul...) using
> another PC and then transfer it to and install it on your laptop.
>
> You can also access the Windows Update Catalogue from the Windows Update
> site but first you need to click "Personalize Windows Update" in the left
> hand pane and then in the right hand pane check "Display link to the
> Windows Update Catalogue" after which you should now see it in the left
> hand pane as an option.
>
> When at the WU Catalogue click Find updates for Microsoft Windows
> operating systems. Select Windows Millennium and then click Search. You
> will now be offered 148 or so patches. Click Critical Updates and Service
> Packs (currently 61) and then use the Mark I eyeball to locate the
> required hotfixes. <vbg>
> --
> Mike Maltby
> mike.maltby@gmail.com
>

> CLR <croberts@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi All...........
> >
> > I just recently aquired a cheap laptop and am presently putting Me on
> > it. Unfortunately it has no connectivity to the internet. Is is
> > possible for me to download from "wherever" the Restore Update for Me
> > so I might burn it to a CD and put it on the laptop?

a b D Laptop
August 8, 2005 1:16:22 AM

Or
If you have Security Update Cd, copy it
from there to run it on to your pc.

If you are referring to the 290700 hotfix for Win Me's system restore then
you can download this from the Windows Update Catalogue
(http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/defaul...) using
another PC and then transfer it to and install it on your laptop.

You can also access the Windows Update Catalogue from the Windows Update
site but first you need to click "Personalize Windows Update" in the left
hand pane and then in the right hand pane check "Display link to the
Windows Update Catalogue" after which you should now see it in the left
hand pane as an option.

When at the WU Catalogue click Find updates for Microsoft Windows
operating systems. Select Windows Millennium and then click Search. You
will now be offered 148 or so patches. Click Critical Updates and Service
Packs (currently 61) and then use the Mark I eyeball to locate the
required hotfixes. <vbg>
--
Mike Maltby
mike.maltby@gmail.com

CLR <croberts@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> Hi All...........
>
> I just recently aquired a cheap laptop and am presently putting Me on
> it. Unfortunately it has no connectivity to the internet. Is is
> possible for me to download from "wherever" the Restore Update for Me
> so I might burn it to a CD and put it on the laptop?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 8, 2005 1:16:23 AM

Thanks anyway AAH, but I do not have a copy of that CD............

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"AAH" <aah@chakcomnet.net> wrote in message
> Or
> If you have Security Update Cd, copy it
> from there to run it on to your pc.
>

> "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message
> If you are referring to the 290700 hotfix for Win Me's system restore then
> you can download this from the Windows Update Catalogue
> (http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/defaul...) using
> another PC and then transfer it to and install it on your laptop.
>
> You can also access the Windows Update Catalogue from the Windows Update
> site but first you need to click "Personalize Windows Update" in the left
> hand pane and then in the right hand pane check "Display link to the
> Windows Update Catalogue" after which you should now see it in the left
> hand pane as an option.
>
> When at the WU Catalogue click Find updates for Microsoft Windows
> operating systems. Select Windows Millennium and then click Search. You
> will now be offered 148 or so patches. Click Critical Updates and Service
> Packs (currently 61) and then use the Mark I eyeball to locate the
> required hotfixes. <vbg>
> --
> Mike Maltby
> mike.maltby@gmail.com
>

> CLR <croberts@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi All...........
> >
> > I just recently aquired a cheap laptop and am presently putting Me on
> > it. Unfortunately it has no connectivity to the internet. Is is
> > possible for me to download from "wherever" the Restore Update for Me
> > so I might burn it to a CD and put it on the laptop?

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 8, 2005 2:23:06 AM

AAH,

If the poster has a copy of the now withdrawn Security Update CD I would
recommend they install all of the updates on it with the possible
exception of WMP9 and not just install 290700.
--
Mike Maltby
mike.maltby@gmail.com

AAH <aah@chakcomnet.net> wrote: