Download "Restore" update?

Hi All...........

I just recently aquired a cheap laptop and am presently putting Me on it.
Unfortunately it has no connectivity to the internet. Is is possible for me
to download from "wherever" the Restore Update for Me so I might burn it to
a CD and put it on the laptop?

TIA
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3
6 answers Last reply
More about download restore update

    If you are referring to the 290700 hotfix for Win Me's system restore then
    you can download this from the Windows Update Catalogue
    (http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/default.asp) using
    another PC and then transfer it to and install it on your laptop.

    You can also access the Windows Update Catalogue from the Windows Update
    site but first you need to click "Personalize Windows Update" in the left
    hand pane and then in the right hand pane check "Display link to the
    Windows Update Catalogue" after which you should now see it in the left
    hand pane as an option.

    When at the WU Catalogue click Find updates for Microsoft Windows
    operating systems. Select Windows Millennium and then click Search. You
    will now be offered 148 or so patches. Click Critical Updates and Service
    Packs (currently 61) and then use the Mark I eyeball to locate the
    required hotfixes. <vbg>
    --
    Mike Maltby
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    CLR <croberts@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

    > Hi All...........
    >
    > I just recently aquired a cheap laptop and am presently putting Me on
    > it. Unfortunately it has no connectivity to the internet. Is is
    > possible for me to download from "wherever" the Restore Update for Me
    > so I might burn it to a CD and put it on the laptop?

    That's PERFECT Mike............exactly what I wanted.................thanks
    ever so much!

    Vaya con Dios
    Chuck, CABGx3

    > If you are referring to the 290700 hotfix for Win Me's system restore then
    > you can download this from the Windows Update Catalogue
    > (http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/default.asp) using
    > another PC and then transfer it to and install it on your laptop.
    >
    > You can also access the Windows Update Catalogue from the Windows Update
    > site but first you need to click "Personalize Windows Update" in the left
    > hand pane and then in the right hand pane check "Display link to the
    > Windows Update Catalogue" after which you should now see it in the left
    > hand pane as an option.
    >
    > When at the WU Catalogue click Find updates for Microsoft Windows
    > operating systems. Select Windows Millennium and then click Search. You
    > will now be offered 148 or so patches. Click Critical Updates and Service
    > Packs (currently 61) and then use the Mark I eyeball to locate the
    > required hotfixes. <vbg>
    > --
    > Mike Maltby
    > mike.maltby@gmail.com
    >

    > CLR <croberts@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi All...........
    > >
    > > I just recently aquired a cheap laptop and am presently putting Me on
    > > it. Unfortunately it has no connectivity to the internet. Is is
    > > possible for me to download from "wherever" the Restore Update for Me
    > > so I might burn it to a CD and put it on the laptop?

    Or
    If you have Security Update Cd, copy it
    from there to run it on to your pc.

    If you are referring to the 290700 hotfix for Win Me's system restore then
    you can download this from the Windows Update Catalogue
    (http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/default.asp) using
    another PC and then transfer it to and install it on your laptop.

    You can also access the Windows Update Catalogue from the Windows Update
    site but first you need to click "Personalize Windows Update" in the left
    hand pane and then in the right hand pane check "Display link to the
    Windows Update Catalogue" after which you should now see it in the left
    hand pane as an option.

    When at the WU Catalogue click Find updates for Microsoft Windows
    operating systems. Select Windows Millennium and then click Search. You
    will now be offered 148 or so patches. Click Critical Updates and Service
    Packs (currently 61) and then use the Mark I eyeball to locate the
    required hotfixes. <vbg>
    --
    Mike Maltby
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    CLR <croberts@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

    > Hi All...........
    >
    > I just recently aquired a cheap laptop and am presently putting Me on
    > it. Unfortunately it has no connectivity to the internet. Is is
    > possible for me to download from "wherever" the Restore Update for Me
    > so I might burn it to a CD and put it on the laptop?

    Thanks anyway AAH, but I do not have a copy of that CD............

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    "AAH" <aah@chakcomnet.net> wrote in message
    > Or
    > If you have Security Update Cd, copy it
    > from there to run it on to your pc.
    >

    > "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message
    > If you are referring to the 290700 hotfix for Win Me's system restore then
    > you can download this from the Windows Update Catalogue
    > (http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/default.asp) using
    > another PC and then transfer it to and install it on your laptop.
    >
    > You can also access the Windows Update Catalogue from the Windows Update
    > site but first you need to click "Personalize Windows Update" in the left
    > hand pane and then in the right hand pane check "Display link to the
    > Windows Update Catalogue" after which you should now see it in the left
    > hand pane as an option.
    >
    > When at the WU Catalogue click Find updates for Microsoft Windows
    > operating systems. Select Windows Millennium and then click Search. You
    > will now be offered 148 or so patches. Click Critical Updates and Service
    > Packs (currently 61) and then use the Mark I eyeball to locate the
    > required hotfixes. <vbg>
    > --
    > Mike Maltby
    > mike.maltby@gmail.com
    >

    > CLR <croberts@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi All...........
    > >
    > > I just recently aquired a cheap laptop and am presently putting Me on
    > > it. Unfortunately it has no connectivity to the internet. Is is
    > > possible for me to download from "wherever" the Restore Update for Me
    > > so I might burn it to a CD and put it on the laptop?

    AAH,

    If the poster has a copy of the now withdrawn Security Update CD I would
    recommend they install all of the updates on it with the possible
    exception of WMP9 and not just install 290700.
    --
    Mike Maltby
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    AAH <aah@chakcomnet.net> wrote:

    > Or
    > If you have Security Update Cd, copy it
    > from there to run it on to your pc.

    Chuck,

    Glad to have been able to help.
    --
    Mike Maltby
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    CLR <croberts@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

    > That's PERFECT Mike............exactly what I
    > wanted.................thanks ever so much!

Download Laptops Windows