Couple of problems with Asus A8V-E SATA + sound

Hey,

I have the following system:

Asus A8V-E Deluxe
AMD64 3200+
1Gb Corsair TwinX 3200C2 ram
WD 200Gb SATA HDD 8mb cache
128mb Leadtek 6600GT extreme
LiteOn dual layer DVD-R
Windows XP Pro

For the most part it is working great... lightning fast for games and
running apps. However, I have 2 very annoying problems which I'd like
to resolve.

1. With HDD write caching on, transfers TO this PC over the network
make the PC lag so badly it is unusable. After much frustration I
worked out that turning off write caching solved the problem, but I'm
not satisfied with this solution and am hoping there is another way.

2. Despite my beasty processor and ram configuration, if I open a
program while an mp3 or WMA is playing, the sound goes really choppy.
This occurs regardless of the program used to play the music. It is
also not just because I am using onboard sound; I swapped in a PCI SB
Live from another computer and it still happened.

I'd appreciate any suggestions as to how to fix either problem.
Cheers :D

*bump*

any advice?
I haven't been able to resolve anything yet.

I'm having a problem getting my marvell ethernet port to work...does
yours connect ok?..if so, what did you do?

caribbean_amphibian@msn.com wrote:

> I'm having a problem getting my marvell ethernet port to work...does
> yours connect ok?..if so, what did you do?

Do you have the newest driver? If not, it's here:
http://www.station-drivers.com/page/marvell.htm

Most of the problems I had with my ethernet had to do with the way my
network is set up x_x