Quick Launch Bar

Hi

Every now and then the text on my tool-tips for Quick-launch icons appears
behind the Icon.

i.e. When I hover the mouse over an icon I can only see the top of the
descriptive window that pops-up.

What causes this, and is there a cure?

Thanks in advance.

Nik.

**** Remove S P A M K I L L From my Email address to reply to me
Directly ****
P4 3.2 / 512MB Samsung 400mhz PC3200 RAM/ 200GB Maxtor SATA / HP DJ5550
Sony DVD RW / Sony CD/RW / Logitech MX700 KB+Mse / Viewsonic VE710b TFT
WIN XP Home SP1 / Creative I-Trigue 3200 / Asus P4P800SE MoBo / HP iPaq2210
More about quick launch

    Hi,

    It's an ongoing issue, and there is no one solid fix. Sometimes updating or
    changing the video adapter helps, sometimes not.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Nik" <nik.walmsleySPAMKILL@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Every now and then the text on my tool-tips for Quick-launch icons appears
    > behind the Icon.
    >
    > i.e. When I hover the mouse over an icon I can only see the top of the
    > descriptive window that pops-up.
    >
    > What causes this, and is there a cure?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Nik.

    > **** Remove S P A M K I L L From my Email address to reply to me
    > Directly ****
    > P4 3.2 / 512MB Samsung 400mhz PC3200 RAM/ 200GB Maxtor SATA / HP DJ5550
    > Sony DVD RW / Sony CD/RW / Logitech MX700 KB+Mse / Viewsonic VE710b TFT
    > WIN XP Home SP1 / Creative I-Trigue 3200 / Asus P4P800SE MoBo / HP
    iPaq2210

    I have this problem too but for me it usually happens in the system tray, not
    anywhere else.

    "Nik" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Every now and then the text on my tool-tips for Quick-launch icons appears
    > behind the Icon.
    >
    > i.e. When I hover the mouse over an icon I can only see the top of the
    > descriptive window that pops-up.
    >
    > What causes this, and is there a cure?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Nik.

    > **** Remove S P A M K I L L From my Email address to reply to me
    > Directly ****
    > P4 3.2 / 512MB Samsung 400mhz PC3200 RAM/ 200GB Maxtor SATA / HP DJ5550
    > Sony DVD RW / Sony CD/RW / Logitech MX700 KB+Mse / Viewsonic VE710b TFT
    > WIN XP Home SP1 / Creative I-Trigue 3200 / Asus P4P800SE MoBo / HP iPaq2210

    Yeah, that's where it's happeniong to me, on the pop-up Taskbar.

    It's not a major problem, nice to know it's not my system that's corrupt!

    My Video adapter is quite new (Nvidia GF FX5700 256MB) with the latest
    drivers, so I would have hoped it's not a Card/XP compatibility problem.

    Thanks for your feedback.

    Nik.
    "Abram Wagenaar" <AbramWagenaar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have this problem too but for me it usually happens in the system tray,
    not
    > anywhere else.
    >
    > "Nik" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > Every now and then the text on my tool-tips for Quick-launch icons
    appears
    > > behind the Icon.
    > >
    > > i.e. When I hover the mouse over an icon I can only see the top of the
    > > descriptive window that pops-up.
    > >
    > > What causes this, and is there a cure?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance.
    > >
    > > Nik.
    > >

    > > --
    > > **** Remove S P A M K I L L From my Email address to reply to me
    > > Directly ****
    > > P4 3.2 / 512MB Samsung 400mhz PC3200 RAM/ 200GB Maxtor SATA / HP DJ5550
    > > Sony DVD RW / Sony CD/RW / Logitech MX700 KB+Mse / Viewsonic VE710b TFT
    > > WIN XP Home SP1 / Creative I-Trigue 3200 / Asus P4P800SE MoBo / HP
    iPaq2210

    Every single day I wistfully long for my "working"
    Quicklaunch in Win98. Not only do I have the same problem
    as you, but I can't even get the icons to remain as I
    arrange them. (Guess where PowerPoint is today!) This
    seems too simple an issue for Microsoft to have screwed
    it up--and not yet provided a fix. (I am certain it will
    be fixed in the update--afterall, so many users have the
    same problem. Yea, right. I'll not hold my breath.)

    What happened to all those useability studies Microsoft
    supposedly conducts? What happened during the beta
    testing that this most prevalent "feature" (i.e., bug)
    was not resolved before original release? (I guess they
    found people were more productive and love WinXP more
    when "features" don't work as touted.) There should be a
    law against *NOT* selling what you advertised. (Gee,
    isn't there? Guess it doesn't apply to Microsoft.)

Quick Launch Windows XP