Diablo 3 Hero Profiles Now Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Can we just change the name of this website to "Tom's Apple and Blizzard News Network".

G

This may be cool for the 1,000 players that still play it.

leongrado

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
[citation][nom]seriouslytoms[/nom]Can we just change the name of this website to "Tom's Apple and Blizzard News Network".[/citation]

Agreed. Small s*** Blizzard updates like this get on here while big news about other games don't even mentioned. If you're going to do this at least don't make it so blatantly obvious.

G

Let's see how people like seeing my profile with inappropriate names for my toons because their toons and it's my god given free will to name them what i want. Let's see how long it takes Blizzard to put in a privacy option so people under 18 don't have to see my inappropriate toon names by accident or other...

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
[citation][nom]frank_drebin[/nom]Playing on hell mode level 57 barbarian +45%magic find . still didn't find any legendary items... getting tired of it[/citation]

You'd have better luck on Diablo III - Auction House Wars.

Cy-Kill

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
I can't even play DIII right now, as my 'Net connection has been down since July 18th, and as you know some stupid 'tard at Blizzard thought it'd be a good idea to make people sign into Battle.net to play a single player game!

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
[citation][nom]Cy-Kill[/nom]I can't even play DIII right now, as my 'Net connection has been down since July 18th, and as you know some stupid 'tard at Blizzard thought it'd be a good idea to make people sign into Battle.net to play a single player game![/citation]
But how would you get any useful gear? You need to use the auction house to find anything decent. You need an active internet connection for the auction house. It may have a crappy search interface, but there are thousands of useful and useless items for you to enjoy spending hours sifting through. It is what the game was built for after all.

Please note, sarcasm.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
Sooo... thought about playing D3 but sparked up Skyrim instead - picked up the new DLC and rocked that over the weekend (new Vamp is fun). I guess I'd rather pay money for more content rather than virtual gear that I SHOULD be able to find in game without spending 3000 hours farming.

I guess at this point I'm refusing the AH's in Diablo because I don't want to contribute to the idea that Auction Houses should be a part of single player games - D3 clearly demonstrates that it's a HORRIBLE idea - absolutely horrible. No it's not the specific IDEA that's horrible, but rather the changes that they've made to the game to make the AH integral. They basically make good gear drops so rare that there's no point playing (unless you can do it for a living), you're just never going to find the cool drops that used to be fun to find in the earlier installments.

I will never buy a SP game with an AH again... EVER.

f-14

Distinguished
people still play this game?
i thought it was all bots?
why would any one pay to play an online only game?
i got this for my birthday despite not wanting it, i played it to show appreciation for the people who got me this as a gift. 3 weeks and i was so bored i quit playing it after completing every stage with every class.
i was bored with it after being forced by the developer to beat it in easy mode on the first character.

never again will i play an online only game, they just suck as bad as all console games. so easy a 4year old can beat it.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]frank_drebin[/nom]Playing on hell mode level 57 barbarian +45%magic find . still didn't find any legendary items... getting tired of it[/citation]

Inferno act tree with significant MF, no good drops with int on my wizard. I have a distinct feeling Blizzard don't want your class items to drop (int for wiz for instance) but rather force the player to enter the AH if they prefer to play solo.

Would be intressting to know how much time the "top geared" players spent in the AH rather than playing the game...

Cy-Kill

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
[citation][nom]whiteodian[/nom]But how would you get any useful gear? You need to use the auction house to find anything decent. You need an active internet connection for the auction house. It may have a crappy search interface, but there are thousands of useful and useless items for you to enjoy spending hours sifting through. It is what the game was built for after all. Please note, sarcasm.[/citation]

I don't use the Auction House, don't even know what it looks like.

Axonn

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
Path Of Exile had Hero Profiles before Diablo 3 even launched. What a pathetic little game Blizzard made. Makes me sick to know I believed in them so much.

SuckRaven

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
One of the very first indications that Activision/Blizzard would release this clusterf*ck of a disappointment was waaay back when we first started getting info about the game's "new art direction" I seem to remember that not only was there a petition signed by many thousands of people to stick to the more dark/gritty/creepy/gothic feel of the original Diablo (and to a lesser degree Diablo II), but also that Brian Morrisroe, the art director for Diablo III resigned at some point. Blizzard have denied that it was partly or largely due to fan outrage at the new "artistic direction".

Those and other events in the development cycle of the game made me a bit uneasy and nervous that somehow Activision/Blizzard would find a way to royally f*ck up one of my favorite games of all time. Add in their inevitably understandable decision to "borrow" ideas from their cash cow WoW, and you had a recipe for a train wreck.

Throw on top of that a shallow and transparent storyline, the indescribable idiocy of the decision to force "always online" even for single player, and a clearly rushed-out-the-door (ironically given Blizzard's fierce stance on not releasing games "before they are ready") RMAH, coupled to the fact, as many posters have said, that good drops are barely non-existent, and it really just enforces the utter disappointment and letdown that most loyal fans of Diablo are feeling, given that they have waited 10 years for Diablo III.

It's clear that Blizzard forgot all about its fans, and has geared this game to Wow-like players and to people new to the Diablo series that have no metric for comparison and thus have no idea how far Blizzard has run this title into the ground.

I had more than a few early warning signs that this would be the case, but like a kid at Christmas, I was waiting, and hoping that when I unpacked that box and started playing, it would be everything I imagined. Against my better judgment, I picked up the game, (Collector's Edition no less), and promptly quit playing after about two weeks, as the disappointment and the letdown was just too much.

Thanks Blizzard for Diablo, Diablo II, and Lord of Destruction. You can keep Diablo III, and farewell. You used to be my favorite game publisher. If there is a Diablo IV, (I hope to the High Heavens not), then it can rot in the Burning Hells.

Status
Not open for further replies.