Unable to boot any Microsoft O/S after MsDos 6.22

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
August 9, 2005 5:49:04 PM

A friend brought me his pc, which had stoppedworking. It had stopped durind
downloadins some software from the net. Now when you try to boot ME, it just
hangs. I have try'd to boot from a Windows ME bootup disk, a 2000 install
disk, and an XP install disk but all I get is a blank screen. I can boot from
a MsDos 6.22 installation disk, and have looked at the disk partition, this
indicates a non-dos partition. I have try'd a copy of Knoppix, run from the
cd and this boots o/k I can see the Windows files on the disk and all seems
o/k, but no matter what I try I can not get the thing to boot. Any ideas?
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 2:32:14 AM

You cannot boot to Win Me using any of the disks you mention although you
should be able to boot to a DOS prompt using the Win Me boot disk.

What software was being downloaded? Your post suggest the partition table
or MBR might have been damaged. Boot to DOS using the Win Me boot floppy
(option 2 or 3) and at the A:\> prompt type
SYS C:

Now remove the floppy and see if you can boot in to Win Me.
--
Mike Maltby
mike.maltby@gmail.com

Graham <Graham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> A friend brought me his pc, which had stoppedworking. It had stopped
> durind downloadins some software from the net. Now when you try to
> boot ME, it just hangs. I have try'd to boot from a Windows ME bootup
> disk, a 2000 install disk, and an XP install disk but all I get is a
> blank screen. I can boot from a MsDos 6.22 installation disk, and
> have looked at the disk partition, this indicates a non-dos
> partition. I have try'd a copy of Knoppix, run from the cd and this
> boots o/k I can see the Windows files on the disk and all seems o/k,
> but no matter what I try I can not get the thing to boot. Any ideas?
August 10, 2005 4:55:02 AM

"Mike M" wrote:

> You cannot boot to Win Me using any of the disks you mention although you
> should be able to boot to a DOS prompt using the Win Me boot disk.
>
> What software was being downloaded? Your post suggest the partition table
> or MBR might have been damaged. Boot to DOS using the Win Me boot floppy
> (option 2 or 3) and at the A:\> prompt type
> SYS C:
>
> Now remove the floppy and see if you can boot in to Win Me.
> --
> Mike Maltby
> mike.maltby@gmail.com
>

> Graham <Graham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > A friend brought me his pc, which had stoppedworking. It had stopped
> > durind downloadins some software from the net. Now when you try to
> > boot ME, it just hangs. I have try'd to boot from a Windows ME bootup
> > disk, a 2000 install disk, and an XP install disk but all I get is a
> > blank screen. I can boot from a MsDos 6.22 installation disk, and
> > have looked at the disk partition, this indicates a non-dos
> > partition. I have try'd a copy of Knoppix, run from the cd and this
> > boots o/k I can see the Windows files on the disk and all seems o/k,
> > but no matter what I try I can not get the thing to boot. Any ideas?
>
> Hi Mike,
Thanks, that is what i thought. The problem is that whichever Windows O/s
disk i try to boot from 95 to XP, after looking as thaough it was reading the
disk it just hangs. I have downloaded a boot rom upgrade, but it needs a
windows o/s running to let me load it. I have run fdisk /mbr from msdos, that
at leasr gets me an a:/ prompt but the flash program will only work witha
version of windows. Strange !
August 10, 2005 9:08:53 AM

Mike M wrote:
> You cannot boot to Win Me using any of the disks you mention although
> you should be able to boot to a DOS prompt using the Win Me boot disk.
>
> What software was being downloaded? Your post suggest the partition
> table or MBR might have been damaged. Boot to DOS using the Win Me boot
> floppy (option 2 or 3) and at the A:\> prompt type
> SYS C:
>
> Now remove the floppy and see if you can boot in to Win Me.

will 6.22 see FAT32 ?

Rick
don't remember
August 10, 2005 10:16:02 AM

"Rick T" wrote:

> Mike M wrote:
> > You cannot boot to Win Me using any of the disks you mention although
> > you should be able to boot to a DOS prompt using the Win Me boot disk.
> >
> > What software was being downloaded? Your post suggest the partition
> > table or MBR might have been damaged. Boot to DOS using the Win Me boot
> > floppy (option 2 or 3) and at the A:\> prompt type
> > SYS C:
> >
> > Now remove the floppy and see if you can boot in to Win Me.
>
> will 6.22 see FAT32 ?
>

> Rick
> don't remember

Hi Rick,

Thats the problem, when I try to boot the system from a Windows ME boot
floppy the floppy sounds as though it is loading but then everything stops.
No prompt, no display, even (cont)+(alt)+(del) does not work. AS far as i
know they were trying to download a file for a gprs device which had all the
speed cameras included.

Regards

Graham
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 2:35:39 PM

Use a Win Me boot FLOPPY not a CD, the Win Me CD is not bootable (although
some OEM versions are) and what you want to do is get to the DOS prompt.

I've no idea why you are now attempting to flash the bios. Take things
one step at a time and get your boot problem resolved first.
--
Mike Maltby
mike.maltby@gmail.com

Graham <Graham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Thanks, that is what i thought. The problem is that whichever Windows
> O/s disk i try to boot from 95 to XP, after looking as thaough it was
> reading the disk it just hangs. I have downloaded a boot rom upgrade,
> but it needs a windows o/s running to let me load it. I have run
> fdisk /mbr from msdos, that at leasr gets me an a:/ prompt but the
> flash program will only work witha version of windows. Strange !
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 5:41:28 PM

Graham wrote:

> Hi Rick,
>
> Thats the problem, when I try to boot the system from a Windows ME boot
> floppy the floppy sounds as though it is loading but then everything stops.
> No prompt, no display, even (cont)+(alt)+(del) does not work.

> AS far as i
> know they were trying to download a file for a gprs device which had all the
> speed cameras included.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

sounds like your WinME bootfloppy is suffering from bitrot. *I* think
*you* think your BIOS is fried, but it isn't. It really hasn't got
anything to do with your original problem.

First try booting into Safe Mode: When you boot the computer you'll see
the "memorycheck" screen, then a hardware screen which gives some
details as to how you're system is configured. That's the BIOS' startup
tests on the machine and has nothing to do with Windows.

As soon as that part is finished a little note will appear under the
hardware-info screen "Starting Windows". When you see that punch <F8>
to get the Startup Menu and pick 'Safe Mode'. It may take a few tries to
get it to work.

Alternative to getting into Safe Mode is to find a working *WinME* (not
6.22[1] not Win2K) boot floppy and run SCANREG /FIX or SCANREG /RESTORE

Rick

[1] Darn it Mike, you made me go all the way over to Google for that ;)
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 6:52:22 PM

> Thats the problem,

No, it's quite irrelevant. If you can't boot to a DOS prompt using a Win
Me boot floppy your problems have nothing to do with the operating system
or the filing system on the hard disk but instead are almost certainly due
to hardware failure of some sort or a faulty boot floppy. You can create
an alternative Win Me boot disk by downloading an image of a Win Me boot
floppy from www.bootdisk.com to your desktop, double clicking on the image
file and following the prompts to transfer the image to the floppy.
--
Mike Maltby
mike.maltby@gmail.com

Graham <Graham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Thats the problem, when I try to boot the system from a Windows ME
> boot floppy the floppy sounds as though it is loading but then
> everything stops. No prompt, no display, even (cont)+(alt)+(del) does
> not work. AS far as i know they were trying to download a file for a
> gprs device which had all the speed cameras included.
August 10, 2005 6:52:23 PM

"Mike M" wrote:

> > Thats the problem,
>
> No, it's quite irrelevant. If you can't boot to a DOS prompt using a Win
> Me boot floppy your problems have nothing to do with the operating system
> or the filing system on the hard disk but instead are almost certainly due
> to hardware failure of some sort or a faulty boot floppy. You can create
> an alternative Win Me boot disk by downloading an image of a Win Me boot
> floppy from www.bootdisk.com to your desktop, double clicking on the image
> file and following the prompts to transfer the image to the floppy.
> --
> Mike Maltby
> mike.maltby@gmail.com
>

> Graham <Graham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Thats the problem, when I try to boot the system from a Windows ME
> > boot floppy the floppy sounds as though it is loading but then
> > everything stops. No prompt, no display, even (cont)+(alt)+(del) does
> > not work. AS far as i know they were trying to download a file for a
> > gprs device which had all the speed cameras included.
>
> Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help problem now solved! I downloaded the ME bootdisk, and
when booting it came up with "no operating system". I looked in the bios, and
found theat the disk drive had been set to type "1". changing the setting to
"auto" cured the problem.

It seems that I have a foulty disk, but do not see how downloading from the
internet caused the drive type to change in the bios.

Bye for now, and thanks again.

Graham
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 6:52:24 PM

(... or I could check the entire to thread to see if it's been solved
before posting :/

Graham, what's a "gprs device with all the speed cameras" ? Satellite
surveillance of speed traps ?

Rick
PS: it doesn't seem that you have a faulty hard disk.

Graham wrote:

> "Mike M" wrote:
>

>>>Thats the problem,
>>
>>No, it's quite irrelevant. If you can't boot to a DOS prompt using a Win
>>Me boot floppy your problems have nothing to do with the operating system
>>or the filing system on the hard disk but instead are almost certainly due
>>to hardware failure of some sort or a faulty boot floppy. You can create
>>an alternative Win Me boot disk by downloading an image of a Win Me boot
>>floppy from www.bootdisk.com to your desktop, double clicking on the image
>>file and following the prompts to transfer the image to the floppy.
>>--
>>Mike Maltby
>>mike.maltby@gmail.com
>>

>>Graham <Graham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Thats the problem, when I try to boot the system from a Windows ME
>>>boot floppy the floppy sounds as though it is loading but then
>>>everything stops. No prompt, no display, even (cont)+(alt)+(del) does
>>>not work. AS far as i know they were trying to download a file for a
>>>gprs device which had all the speed cameras included.
>>
>>Hi Guys,
>

> Thanks for your help problem now solved! I downloaded the ME bootdisk, and
> when booting it came up with "no operating system". I looked in the bios, and
> found theat the disk drive had been set to type "1". changing the setting to
> "auto" cured the problem.
>
> It seems that I have a foulty disk, but do not see how downloading from the
> internet caused the drive type to change in the bios.
>
> Bye for now, and thanks again.
>
> Graham
August 11, 2005 4:14:39 AM

> Graham, what's a "gprs device with all the speed cameras" ? Satellite
> surveillance of speed traps ?

A map of speed camera sites. Speed cameras are used here to generate profit.
They cause drivers to brake suddenly, then speed up again, and have largely
replaced traffic cops. Of course, if you need maps - ie, you can't spot them
and react in a timely manner - you're not much of a driver (but then most of
'em aren't. They don't even know enough to know that they're not).

Shane
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 4:14:40 AM

Shane wrote:
>>Graham, what's a "gprs device with all the speed cameras" ? Satellite
>>surveillance of speed traps ?
>

> A map of speed camera sites. Speed cameras are used here to generate profit.
> They cause drivers to brake suddenly, then speed up again, and have largely
> replaced traffic cops. Of course, if you need maps - ie, you can't spot them
> and react in a timely manner - you're not much of a driver (but then most of
> 'em aren't. They don't even know enough to know that they're not).

Ahhh, they move them around over'ere.

Rick
August 11, 2005 7:25:26 AM

> Shane wrote:
>>>Graham, what's a "gprs device with all the speed cameras" ? Satellite
>>>surveillance of speed traps ?
>>

>> A map of speed camera sites. Speed cameras are used here to generate
>> profit. They cause drivers to brake suddenly, then speed up again, and
>> have largely replaced traffic cops. Of course, if you need maps - ie, you
>> can't spot them and react in a timely manner - you're not much of a
>> driver (but then most of 'em aren't. They don't even know enough to know
>> that they're not).
>
> Ahhh, they move them around over'ere.

Yes, we have those, too. If you see the sign for Speed Cameras, but no
actual camera, and no markings on the road, odds are this is a mobile camera
location. I passed one about 8 or 10 miles up the road, recently. Apart from
motorists coming the other way flashing their headlights , I saw the police
van well in advance (and also the surely-redundant Mobile Speed Camera
legend upon it. Who, when breaking the speed limit, doesn't slow to legal
speed to pass a police vehicle?).

Shane
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 10:58:55 AM

Shane
You should try living in this area - all the major roads have speed-camera
signs every half-mile or so!!

The little b*st*rds hide in disused parking lots and jump out in front of
you pointing their gun - at 11 o'clock on Sunday 11/11... £60 that one cost
me! (I was on the way back from the pharmacist with Pethidine for my ex)....
he should have been at the parade! - Oh, and there was no camera sign in
sight!

They have around 6 or 7 units that do nothing but mobile
speedtrap/licence-checks - each unit consists of at least two cars, and can
be up to a mob consisting of 5 cars, 3 bikes, and two vans.
One time they actually sealed off an entire town, covering all roads in and
out!

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

"Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message

> "Rick T" <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>

>>> A map of speed camera sites. Speed cameras are used here to generate
>>> profit. They cause drivers to brake suddenly, then speed up again, and
>>> have largely replaced traffic cops. Of course, if you need maps - ie,
>>> you can't spot them and react in a timely manner - you're not much of a
>>> driver (but then most of 'em aren't. They don't even know enough to know
>>> that they're not).
>>
>> Ahhh, they move them around over'ere.
>>

> Yes, we have those, too. If you see the sign for Speed Cameras, but no
> actual camera, and no markings on the road, odds are this is a mobile
> camera location. I passed one about 8 or 10 miles up the road, recently.
> Apart from motorists coming the other way flashing their headlights , I
> saw the police van well in advance (and also the surely-redundant Mobile
> Speed Camera legend upon it. Who, when breaking the speed limit, doesn't
> slow to legal speed to pass a police vehicle?).
>
> Shane

Anonymous
August 11, 2005 2:32:49 PM

They're not that bad down here, they have a mobile van now and they tend
to announce in the local weekly rag where they will be for a period of
time <g>
The odd occasion when they have been around my village they park hidden by
hedges or in peoples driveways, it doesn't seem to make any difference to
the speed some come into the village though, probably because it's very
rare we see the police round here.
Joan

Noel Paton wrote:
> Shane
> You should try living in this area - all the major roads have
> speed-camera signs every half-mile or so!!
>
> The little b*st*rds hide in disused parking lots and jump out in
> front of you pointing their gun - at 11 o'clock on Sunday 11/11...
> £60 that one cost me! (I was on the way back from the pharmacist with
> Pethidine for my ex).... he should have been at the parade! - Oh, and
> there was no camera sign in sight!
>
> They have around 6 or 7 units that do nothing but mobile
> speedtrap/licence-checks - each unit consists of at least two cars,
> and can be up to a mob consisting of 5 cars, 3 bikes, and two vans.
> One time they actually sealed off an entire town, covering all roads
> in and out!

August 11, 2005 3:46:28 PM

Different country, Noel. Welsh officialdom is the most petty-minded,
mean-spirited, power-crazed - it's like they're continually trying to
impress their English masters with how exactly by-the-book they can go.

Do you know those guns are supposed to be calibrated that morning, but
usually coppers can't be bothered, so if you challenge it odds are you won't
be prosecuted? Though in Wales they probably do calibrate them every
morning!

Love Welsh women! But Jeez what they have to put up with!

Shane

> Shane
> You should try living in this area - all the major roads have
> speed-camera signs every half-mile or so!!
>
> The little b*st*rds hide in disused parking lots and jump out in front of
> you pointing their gun - at 11 o'clock on Sunday 11/11... £60 that one
> cost me! (I was on the way back from the pharmacist with Pethidine for my
> ex).... he should have been at the parade! - Oh, and there was no camera
> sign in sight!
>
> They have around 6 or 7 units that do nothing but mobile
> speedtrap/licence-checks - each unit consists of at least two cars, and
> can be up to a mob consisting of 5 cars, 3 bikes, and two vans.
> One time they actually sealed off an entire town, covering all roads in
> and out!
>
> --
> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>
> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

> "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Rick T" <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> Ahhh, they move them around over'ere.
>>>

>> Yes, we have those, too. If you see the sign for Speed Cameras, but no
>> actual camera, and no markings on the road, odds are this is a mobile
>> camera location. I passed one about 8 or 10 miles up the road, recently.
>> Apart from motorists coming the other way flashing their headlights , I
>> saw the police van well in advance (and also the surely-redundant Mobile
>> Speed Camera legend upon it. Who, when breaking the speed limit, doesn't
>> slow to legal speed to pass a police vehicle?).
>>
>> Shane

August 11, 2005 5:24:54 PM

Noel.....we have those sob's on the roads at all times. Hiding (as you say)
in parking lots and behind semis. I got nailed for doing 83 kph in a 50 kph
zone on a country road....$120!! Elayne cried, she was laughing so hard. I
rarely go over 80 and twice I have gotten speeding tickets out in the
country in a 50 kph zone. Durned fools!!

Did you know it is illegal to *flash your lights* to warn oncoming traffic
that there is a radar trap? Yep.....you can get fined for that too.

Cheers from a slightly cooler Brampton......about 30 something.

Figgs

> Shane
> You should try living in this area - all the major roads have
speed-camera
> signs every half-mile or so!!
>
> The little b*st*rds hide in disused parking lots and jump out in front of
> you pointing their gun - at 11 o'clock on Sunday 11/11... £60 that one
cost
> me! (I was on the way back from the pharmacist with Pethidine for my
ex)....
> he should have been at the parade! - Oh, and there was no camera sign in
> sight!
>
> They have around 6 or 7 units that do nothing but mobile
> speedtrap/licence-checks - each unit consists of at least two cars, and
can
> be up to a mob consisting of 5 cars, 3 bikes, and two vans.
> One time they actually sealed off an entire town, covering all roads in
and
> out!
>
> --
> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>
> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

> "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Rick T" <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message

> >> Ahhh, they move them around over'ere.
> >>

> > Yes, we have those, too. If you see the sign for Speed Cameras, but no
> > actual camera, and no markings on the road, odds are this is a mobile
> > camera location. I passed one about 8 or 10 miles up the road, recently.
> > Apart from motorists coming the other way flashing their headlights , I
> > saw the police van well in advance (and also the surely-redundant Mobile
> > Speed Camera legend upon it. Who, when breaking the speed limit, doesn't
> > slow to legal speed to pass a police vehicle?).
> >
> > Shane

Anonymous
August 12, 2005 12:23:12 AM

Who's in charge of the North Wales Constabulary?? - an Englishman!!
(personally - I reckon he's a close relative of a certain Arab....)

--

> Different country, Noel. Welsh officialdom is the most petty-minded,
> mean-spirited, power-crazed - it's like they're continually trying to
> impress their English masters with how exactly by-the-book they can go.
>
> Do you know those guns are supposed to be calibrated that morning, but
> usually coppers can't be bothered, so if you challenge it odds are you
> won't be prosecuted? Though in Wales they probably do calibrate them every
> morning!
>
> Love Welsh women! But Jeez what they have to put up with!
>

> Shane
>

> "Noel Paton" <NoelDPspamless@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>> Shane
>> You should try living in this area - all the major roads have
>> speed-camera signs every half-mile or so!!
>>
>> The little b*st*rds hide in disused parking lots and jump out in front of
>> you pointing their gun - at 11 o'clock on Sunday 11/11... £60 that one
>> cost me! (I was on the way back from the pharmacist with Pethidine for my
>> ex).... he should have been at the parade! - Oh, and there was no camera
>> sign in sight!
>>
>> They have around 6 or 7 units that do nothing but mobile
>> speedtrap/licence-checks - each unit consists of at least two cars, and
>> can be up to a mob consisting of 5 cars, 3 bikes, and two vans.
>> One time they actually sealed off an entire town, covering all roads in
>> and out!
>>
>> --
>> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>>
>> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>> http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/millsrpch.htm
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
>>
>> Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to NG's
>>
>> "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Rick T" <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> Yes, we have those, too. If you see the sign for Speed Cameras, but no
>>> actual camera, and no markings on the road, odds are this is a mobile
>>> camera location. I passed one about 8 or 10 miles up the road, recently.
>>> Apart from motorists coming the other way flashing their headlights , I
>>> saw the police van well in advance (and also the surely-redundant Mobile
>>> Speed Camera legend upon it. Who, when breaking the speed limit, doesn't
>>> slow to legal speed to pass a police vehicle?).
>>>
>>> Shane

August 12, 2005 10:50:43 AM

You guys have gotta be more aware! If you don't know what's going to jump
out at you you need to be going slower anyway!

I dunno, maybe there's no substitute for being an old biker......

Shane

"Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Noel.....we have those sob's on the roads at all times. Hiding (as you
> say)
> in parking lots and behind semis. I got nailed for doing 83 kph in a 50
> kph
> zone on a country road....$120!! Elayne cried, she was laughing so hard.
> rarely go over 80 and twice I have gotten speeding tickets out in the
> country in a 50 kph zone. Durned fools!!
>
> Did you know it is illegal to *flash your lights* to warn oncoming traffic
> that there is a radar trap? Yep.....you can get fined for that too.
>
> Cheers from a slightly cooler Brampton......about 30 something.
>
> Figgs
>
> "Noel Paton" <NoelDPspamless@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>> Shane
>> You should try living in this area - all the major roads have
> speed-camera
>> signs every half-mile or so!!
>>
>> The little b*st*rds hide in disused parking lots and jump out in front of
>> you pointing their gun - at 11 o'clock on Sunday 11/11... £60 that one
> cost
>> me! (I was on the way back from the pharmacist with Pethidine for my
> ex)....
>> he should have been at the parade! - Oh, and there was no camera sign in
>> sight!
>>
>> They have around 6 or 7 units that do nothing but mobile
>> speedtrap/licence-checks - each unit consists of at least two cars, and
> can
>> be up to a mob consisting of 5 cars, 3 bikes, and two vans.
>> One time they actually sealed off an entire town, covering all roads in
> and
>> out!
>>
>> --
>> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>>
>> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
>> http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/millsrpch.htm
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
>>
>> Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to NG's
>>
>> "Shane" <shanebeatson@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Rick T" <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message

> know

>> > Yes, we have those, too. If you see the sign for Speed Cameras, but no
>> > actual camera, and no markings on the road, odds are this is a mobile
>> > camera location. I passed one about 8 or 10 miles up the road,
>> > recently.
>> > Apart from motorists coming the other way flashing their headlights , I
>> > saw the police van well in advance (and also the surely-redundant
>> > Mobile
>> > Speed Camera legend upon it. Who, when breaking the speed limit,
>> > doesn't
>> > slow to legal speed to pass a police vehicle?).
>> >
>> > Shane

August 12, 2005 10:53:14 AM

> Who's in charge of the North Wales Constabulary?? - an Englishman!!

He'd be the one the rest are trying to impress!

> (personally - I reckon he's a close relative of a certain Arab....)

Are we talking Fulham, here?

Shane
!