Athlon 3000+ XP Blue screen of death problem! HELP!

Hi fellows,

First, here's the list of what I own :

- AMD Athlon 3000+ XP 333fsb (chipset)
- ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe (motherboard)
- 2x Kingston 512mb RAM 400mhz PC32000

My problem :

My processor, when playing in the bios, is supposed to use a CPU
EXTERNAL FREQUENCY of 166mhz at default settings. But, I can only run
it at 133mhz, wich decrease my cpu speed of almost half the power. If I
set 166mhz, I only get blue screens.

What I tried so far :

- switch RAM (even tried Corsair ProSeries)
- updated BIOS (ver. 1013)
- hang myself :p

Anyone have a cue about something I should look for? I can't see what
else I could do ... :(

pelletiermax@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi fellows,
>
> First, here's the list of what I own :
>
> - AMD Athlon 3000+ XP 333fsb (chipset)
> - ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe (motherboard)
> - 2x Kingston 512mb RAM 400mhz PC32000
>
> My problem :
>
> My processor, when playing in the bios, is supposed to use a CPU
> EXTERNAL FREQUENCY of 166mhz at default settings. But, I can only run
> it at 133mhz, wich decrease my cpu speed of almost half the power. If I
> set 166mhz, I only get blue screens.
>
> What I tried so far :
>
> - switch RAM (even tried Corsair ProSeries)
> - updated BIOS (ver. 1013)
> - hang myself :p
>
> Anyone have a cue about something I should look for? I can't see what
> else I could do ... :(

Check voltages for memory and see if they match your specs for your
memory. Check voltages for processor see that they match your specs for
your processor. If they don't, make them match. Check CAS/RAS settings
and raise them slightly. If that doesn't fix it... Try increasing the
voltage to your memory by .1 and see if becomes stable.

Solve my problem!

I didnt set up my RAM properly so she wasnt running in dual mode. The
we removed the chipset and tried it on another computer with about the
same motherboard and settings. We also did an update of all the NVIDIA
drivers (unified drivers). By setting the BIOS back to default, we
fixed the problem and now I have a big bad powerful machine (if I
compare to my old computer, PENTIUM 2 233mhz :p)

TRENDING THREADS