Windows explore search

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
August 11, 2005 9:17:05 PM

Hello,

A couple of weeks ago I installed (from scratch) ME.

Before I was using W98 and now I discovered an annoying difference in the
search routine done by explore search.
I was used that it also searched the Temp Internet Files by default but with
ME that's not the case.

I tried already to change the attribute (system) but I didn't succeed doing
that.

Anybody any Idea?

Thanks in advance.

G.

More about : windows explore search

Anonymous
August 11, 2005 9:17:06 PM

To search for a file in your TIF you need to explicitly search the
Temporary Internet Files folders. If you find this annoying you'll just
love or rather hate XP's default behaviour when searching, especially when
it comes to looking for files containing a specific string.
--
Mike Maltby
mike.maltby@gmail.com

Garfield <antispam@spammaps.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> A couple of weeks ago I installed (from scratch) ME.
>
> Before I was using W98 and now I discovered an annoying difference in
> the search routine done by explore search.
> I was used that it also searched the Temp Internet Files by default
> but with ME that's not the case.
>
> I tried already to change the attribute (system) but I didn't succeed
> doing that.
>
> Anybody any Idea?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> G.
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 2:53:45 AM

Thanks for your answer but does that also count for Windows Millenium
Edition?
G.

"Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> schreef in bericht
> To search for a file in your TIF you need to explicitly search the
> Temporary Internet Files folders. If you find this annoying you'll just
> love or rather hate XP's default behaviour when searching, especially when
> it comes to looking for files containing a specific string.
> --
> Mike Maltby
> mike.maltby@gmail.com
>

> Garfield <antispam@spammaps.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > A couple of weeks ago I installed (from scratch) ME.
> >
> > Before I was using W98 and now I discovered an annoying difference in
> > the search routine done by explore search.
> > I was used that it also searched the Temp Internet Files by default
> > but with ME that's not the case.
> >
> > I tried already to change the attribute (system) but I didn't succeed
> > doing that.
> >
> > Anybody any Idea?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > G.

Anonymous
August 12, 2005 2:53:46 AM

If you are referring to my comment "To search for a file in your TIF you
need to explicitly search the
Temporary Internet Files folders." then yes, otherwise why do you think I
posted that reply? <g>
--

!