Windows explore search

Hello,

A couple of weeks ago I installed (from scratch) ME.

Before I was using W98 and now I discovered an annoying difference in the
search routine done by explore search.
I was used that it also searched the Temp Internet Files by default but with
ME that's not the case.

I tried already to change the attribute (system) but I didn't succeed doing
that.

Anybody any Idea?

Thanks in advance.

G.
3 answers Last reply
More about windows explore search

    To search for a file in your TIF you need to explicitly search the
    Temporary Internet Files folders. If you find this annoying you'll just
    love or rather hate XP's default behaviour when searching, especially when
    it comes to looking for files containing a specific string.
    --
    Mike Maltby
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    Garfield <antispam@spammaps.com> wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > A couple of weeks ago I installed (from scratch) ME.
    >
    > Before I was using W98 and now I discovered an annoying difference in
    > the search routine done by explore search.
    > I was used that it also searched the Temp Internet Files by default
    > but with ME that's not the case.
    >
    > I tried already to change the attribute (system) but I didn't succeed
    > doing that.
    >
    > Anybody any Idea?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > G.

    Thanks for your answer but does that also count for Windows Millenium
    Edition?
    G.

    "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> schreef in bericht
    > To search for a file in your TIF you need to explicitly search the
    > Temporary Internet Files folders. If you find this annoying you'll just
    > love or rather hate XP's default behaviour when searching, especially when
    > it comes to looking for files containing a specific string.
    > --
    > Mike Maltby
    > mike.maltby@gmail.com
    >

    > Garfield <antispam@spammaps.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > A couple of weeks ago I installed (from scratch) ME.
    > >
    > > Before I was using W98 and now I discovered an annoying difference in
    > > the search routine done by explore search.
    > > I was used that it also searched the Temp Internet Files by default
    > > but with ME that's not the case.
    > >
    > > I tried already to change the attribute (system) but I didn't succeed
    > > doing that.
    > >
    > > Anybody any Idea?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance.
    > >
    > > G.

    If you are referring to my comment "To search for a file in your TIF you
    need to explicitly search the
    Temporary Internet Files folders." then yes, otherwise why do you think I
    posted that reply? <g>
    --
    Mike Maltby
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    Garfield <antispam@spammaps.com> wrote:

    > Thanks for your answer but does that also count for Windows Millenium
    > Edition?

Microsoft Windows