POWRPROF.DLL won't load

When I boot, I get an error message saying that "powrprof.dll" failed to
load. What is that and what should I do?

"Scheduled Tasks Tool Cannot Start Programs"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;284998

HTH and good luck

Mart

"Martin Murray" <email@MartinMurray.com> wrote in message
> When I boot, I get an error message saying that "powrprof.dll" failed to
> load. What is that and what should I do?

Thanks for the reply. When I look at my registry, though, it seems that all
the strings I should create from these instructions are already there.

Any other idea why the .dll can't load?

Thanks in advance.

"Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> "Scheduled Tasks Tool Cannot Start Programs"
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;284998
>
> HTH and good luck
>
> Mart
>

> "Martin Murray" <email@MartinMurray.com> wrote in message
>> When I boot, I get an error message saying that "powrprof.dll" failed to
>> load. What is that and what should I do?

OK Martin, I was going to post this other article yesterday too, but as it
was associated with Win98, I posted the WinMe article first.

"Error Message: Error Loading Powrprof.dll"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;188213

Although it refers to Win98, the solution could easily be applicable to
WinMe.

BTW - A fresh copy of powrprof.dll is located in the win9x/WIN-14.CAB folder
on the WinMe CD

> Thanks for the reply. When I look at my registry, though, it seems that
> all the strings I should create from these instructions are already there.
>
> Any other idea why the .dll can't load?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>> "Scheduled Tasks Tool Cannot Start Programs"
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;284998
>>
>> HTH and good luck
>>
>> Mart
>>

>> "Martin Murray" <email@MartinMurray.com> wrote in message
>>> When I boot, I get an error message saying that "powrprof.dll" failed to
>>> load. What is that and what should I do?

Just another thought, if this happened only recently, try running System
Restore and roll-back to the last time it loaded normally.

Mart

TRENDING THREADS