SpyBot Definition File Update 13/08/05

<http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=15259>

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)
9 answers Last reply
More about spybot definition file update

    Right on, Silj.
    Thank you.

    Harry.

    "siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > <http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=15259>
    >
    > Silj
    >
    > --
    > siljaline
    >
    > MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
    > Security Tools Updates
    > http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
    >
    > (Reply to group, as return address
    > is invalid - that we may all benefit)

    Also update Immunizer.

    "Baba" wrote:
    > Also update Immunizer.

    That would be re-immunize SpyBot after applying the update.

    Silj

    --
    siljaline

    MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
    Security Tools Updates
    http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

    (Reply to group, as return address
    is invalid - that we may all benefit)

    I've got to ask, Silj: why do you feel the need to post links to beta defs
    here? Surely anyone knowledgable enough to be testing will already getting
    them via the Spyware forums? Seems to me all you're doing here is
    encouraging those who don't really get the concept of 'beta'.

    Shane

    > "Baba" wrote:
    >> Also update Immunizer.
    >>
    > That would be re-immunize SpyBot after applying the update.
    >
    > Silj
    >
    > --
    > siljaline
    >
    > MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
    > Security Tools Updates
    > http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
    >
    > (Reply to group, as return address
    > is invalid - that we may all benefit)

    Yes, that sounds proper. Thanks for the correction.

    "Shane" wrote:
    > I've got to ask, Silj: why do you feel the need to post links to beta defs here?
    > Surely anyone knowledgable enough to be testing will already getting them via the
    > Spyware forums? Seems to me all you're doing here is encouraging those who don't
    > really get the concept of 'beta'.

    To clarify, Shane, the update URL doesn't point to a ~Beta link, per se.
    It is stated clearly that Beta's are for Advanced Users only.
    Besides, SpyBot needs to be configured to "see" the ~Beta notifications.
    On the contrary, I'm against Beta definitions and do not use then myself.

    Silj

    --
    siljaline

    MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
    Security Tools Updates
    http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

    (Reply to group, as return address
    is invalid - that we may all benefit)

    I'm not sure what exactly occurred. When I saw your original post, my Spybot
    didn't detect any updates. Now it does. I tried several servers earlier,
    Europe, US, Oz, no updates.

    Clearly I didn't read your aumha post closely enough, so apologies for that!

    Incidentally, I've been getting a lot of failed updates due to bad checksum,
    lately. Change server and it'll work, though often only when getting one
    component at a time.

    Shane

    "Shane" wrote:
    > I'm not sure what exactly occurred. When I saw your original post, my Spybot
    > didn't detect any updates. Now it does. I tried several servers earlier, Europe,
    > US, Oz, no updates.

    I blame server load to these sorts of errors.
    </begin rubber stamp reply>
    Choose the server closest to you, if no joy, try later.
    </end rubber stamp reply>

    > Clearly I didn't read your aumha post closely enough, so apologies for that!
    No worries, mate.

    > Incidentally, I've been getting a lot of failed updates due to bad checksum,
    > lately. Change server and it'll work, though often only when getting one component
    > at a time.

    I do this with much hesitation but for those of you running Win 9x, you may
    update using this tool, though I take *no* responsibility in the end result on
    your SpyBot installation!
    This executable updates detection rules, what else it does, I am not entirely
    clear - proceed at your own risk, Creating an SR point prior to proceeding
    would be a good idea.
    <http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates/files/spybotsd_includes.exe>

    Silj

    --
    siljaline

    MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
    Security Tools Updates
    http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

    (Reply to group, as return address
    is invalid - that we may all benefit)

    Silj:

    You must have made this link previously available, because I have it
    downloaded already and keep it, just in case.
    Thanks.

    > "Shane" wrote:
    > > I'm not sure what exactly occurred. When I saw your original post, my
    Spybot
    > > didn't detect any updates. Now it does. I tried several servers earlier,
    Europe,
    > > US, Oz, no updates.
    >
    > I blame server load to these sorts of errors.
    > </begin rubber stamp reply>
    > Choose the server closest to you, if no joy, try later.
    > </end rubber stamp reply>
    >
    > > Clearly I didn't read your aumha post closely enough, so apologies for
    that!
    > No worries, mate.
    >
    > > Incidentally, I've been getting a lot of failed updates due to bad
    checksum,
    > > lately. Change server and it'll work, though often only when getting one
    component
    > > at a time.
    >
    > I do this with much hesitation but for those of you running Win 9x, you
    may
    > update using this tool, though I take *no* responsibility in the end
    result on
    > your SpyBot installation!
    > This executable updates detection rules, what else it does, I am not
    entirely
    > clear - proceed at your own risk, Creating an SR point prior to proceeding
    > would be a good idea.
    > <http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates/files/spybotsd_includes.exe>
    >
    > Silj
    >
    > --
    > siljaline
    >
    > MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
    > Security Tools Updates
    > http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
    >
    > (Reply to group, as return address
    > is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Internet Explorer Security Spybot Microsoft Windows