SpyBot Definition File Update 13/08/05

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
a b 8 Security
August 13, 2005 3:38:17 PM

<http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=15259&gt;

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 13, 2005 4:07:17 PM

Right on, Silj.
Thank you.

Harry.

"siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message
> <http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=15259&gt;
>
> Silj
>
> --
> siljaline
>
> MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
> Security Tools Updates
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
>
> (Reply to group, as return address
> is invalid - that we may all benefit)

August 13, 2005 9:36:41 PM

Also update Immunizer.

"webster72n" wrote:

> Right on, Silj.
> Thank you.
>
> Harry.
>

> "siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > <http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=15259&gt;
> >
> > Silj
> >
> > --
> > siljaline
> >
> > MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
> > Security Tools Updates
> > http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
> >
> > (Reply to group, as return address
> > is invalid - that we may all benefit)

a b 8 Security
August 14, 2005 3:32:10 AM

"Baba" wrote:
> Also update Immunizer.

That would be re-immunize SpyBot after applying the update.

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)
August 14, 2005 1:48:10 PM

I've got to ask, Silj: why do you feel the need to post links to beta defs
here? Surely anyone knowledgable enough to be testing will already getting
them via the Spyware forums? Seems to me all you're doing here is
encouraging those who don't really get the concept of 'beta'.

Shane

"siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:o s%23NfCIoFHA.2484@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> "Baba" wrote:
>> Also update Immunizer.
>>
> That would be re-immunize SpyBot after applying the update.
>
> Silj
>
> --
> siljaline
>
> MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
> Security Tools Updates
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
>
> (Reply to group, as return address
> is invalid - that we may all benefit)

August 14, 2005 2:57:02 PM

Yes, that sounds proper. Thanks for the correction.

"siljaline" wrote:

> "Baba" wrote:
> > Also update Immunizer.
> >
> That would be re-immunize SpyBot after applying the update.
>
> Silj
>
> --
> siljaline
>
> MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
> Security Tools Updates
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
>
> (Reply to group, as return address
> is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 14, 2005 5:53:09 PM

"Shane" wrote:
> I've got to ask, Silj: why do you feel the need to post links to beta defs here?
> Surely anyone knowledgable enough to be testing will already getting them via the
> Spyware forums? Seems to me all you're doing here is encouraging those who don't
> really get the concept of 'beta'.

To clarify, Shane, the update URL doesn't point to a ~Beta link, per se.
It is stated clearly that Beta's are for Advanced Users only.
Besides, SpyBot needs to be configured to "see" the ~Beta notifications.
On the contrary, I'm against Beta definitions and do not use then myself.

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)
August 15, 2005 1:52:08 AM

I'm not sure what exactly occurred. When I saw your original post, my Spybot
didn't detect any updates. Now it does. I tried several servers earlier,
Europe, US, Oz, no updates.

Clearly I didn't read your aumha post closely enough, so apologies for that!

Incidentally, I've been getting a lot of failed updates due to bad checksum,
lately. Change server and it'll work, though often only when getting one
component at a time.

Shane

> "Shane" wrote:
>> I've got to ask, Silj: why do you feel the need to post links to beta
>> defs here? Surely anyone knowledgable enough to be testing will already
>> getting them via the Spyware forums? Seems to me all you're doing here is
>> encouraging those who don't really get the concept of 'beta'.
>
> To clarify, Shane, the update URL doesn't point to a ~Beta link, per se.
> It is stated clearly that Beta's are for Advanced Users only.
> Besides, SpyBot needs to be configured to "see" the ~Beta notifications.
> On the contrary, I'm against Beta definitions and do not use then myself.
>
> Silj
>
> --
> siljaline
>
> MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
> Security Tools Updates
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
>
> (Reply to group, as return address
> is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 15, 2005 1:52:09 AM

"Shane" wrote:
> I'm not sure what exactly occurred. When I saw your original post, my Spybot
> didn't detect any updates. Now it does. I tried several servers earlier, Europe,
> US, Oz, no updates.

I blame server load to these sorts of errors.
</begin rubber stamp reply>
Choose the server closest to you, if no joy, try later.
</end rubber stamp reply>

> Clearly I didn't read your aumha post closely enough, so apologies for that!
No worries, mate.

> Incidentally, I've been getting a lot of failed updates due to bad checksum,
> lately. Change server and it'll work, though often only when getting one component
> at a time.

I do this with much hesitation but for those of you running Win 9x, you may
update using this tool, though I take *no* responsibility in the end result on
your SpyBot installation!
This executable updates detection rules, what else it does, I am not entirely
clear - proceed at your own risk, Creating an SR point prior to proceeding
would be a good idea.
<http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates/files/spybotsd_inc...;

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 15, 2005 1:52:10 AM

Silj:

You must have made this link previously available, because I have it
downloaded already and keep it, just in case.
Thanks.

!