Startup Options - Win 2000

Hi all..

A very simple question yet difficult for me to find...!
How to set startup options in win 2000 as the same can be done in WIN 98
thru MSCONFIG command.
is it to be done through "Service" option in Win 2000?

Thanks for your support

Alias

XP's MSCONFIG will work with W2K.

Alias

"MS Excel" <obaid@geo-logistics.com.pk> wrote

"MS Excel" wrote:
> Hi all..
>
> A very simple question yet difficult for me to find...!
> How to set startup options in win 2000 as the same can be done in WIN 98 thru
> MSCONFIG command.
> is it to be done through "Service" option in Win 2000?
>
> Thanks for your support

Pardon abbreviated reply.
Win 9x does *not* have a Services Editor, while Win 2K does.
Type, "services.msc" (no quotes) from your Run > Dialog box.
Proceed with extreme caution as disabling services may prevent your
machine from working.

Use this official MS guide -
<http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/howitworks/management/w2kservices.asp>

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)