cable management

question..

what's the best way to manage power cables, KVM cables (combo & singles)
and lan & phone lines that connect to 2 computers or more? also, I'd them
off of the ground too as well.

In article <d2inn5$9hf$1@news.datasync.com>, Dilbert Firestorm says...
> question..
>
> what's the best way to manage power cables, KVM cables (combo & singles)
> and lan & phone lines that connect to 2 computers or more? also, I'd them
> off of the ground too as well.

THe easiest and cheapest way I've found is to use foam pipe lagging you
can buy in long lengths from hardware stores.

--
Conor

Windows & Outlook/OE in particular, shipped with settings making them
as open to entry as a starlet in a porno. Steve B

In article <MPG.1cb7cf25b31127ca989680@news.individual.net>,
Conor Turton <conor@conorturton.com> wrote:
>In article <d2inn5$9hf$1@news.datasync.com>, Dilbert Firestorm says...
>> question..
>>
>> what's the best way to manage power cables, KVM cables (combo & singles)
>> and lan & phone lines that connect to 2 computers or more? also, I'd them
>> off of the ground too as well.
>>
>THe easiest and cheapest way I've found is to use foam pipe lagging you
>can buy in long lengths from hardware stores.
>
>--
>Conor
>
>Windows & Outlook/OE in particular, shipped with settings making them
>as open to entry as a starlet in a porno. Steve B

Get a few feet of #12 or #10 solid insulated copper wire from a hardware
store and cut it into 8 inch lengths. These will be reusable cable wraps
that will last forever.

Velcro straps are expensive and a PITA.

If you've got a desk like mine you can screw a WireMold brand power
strip as long as the desk underneath (recepticles on 6 inch spacing)
and put an eye-screw every foot that you can use with the wire to
bundle up everything and keep it off the floor.

--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

Al Dykes wrote:

>In article <MPG.1cb7cf25b31127ca989680@news.individual.net>,
>Conor Turton <conor@conorturton.com> wrote:
>

>>In article <d2inn5$9hf$1@news.datasync.com>, Dilbert Firestorm says...
>>

>>>question..
>>>
>>>what's the best way to manage power cables, KVM cables (combo & singles)
>>>and lan & phone lines that connect to 2 computers or more? also, I'd them
>>>off of the ground too as well.
>>>

>>THe easiest and cheapest way I've found is to use foam pipe lagging you
>>can buy in long lengths from hardware stores.
>>
>>--
>>Conor
>>
>>Windows & Outlook/OE in particular, shipped with settings making them
>>as open to entry as a starlet in a porno. Steve B
>>

>Get a few feet of #12 or #10 solid insulated copper wire from a hardware
>store and cut it into 8 inch lengths. These will be reusable cable wraps
>that will last forever.
>
>Velcro straps are expensive and a PITA.
>
>If you've got a desk like mine you can screw a WireMold brand power
>strip as long as the desk underneath (recepticles on 6 inch spacing)
>and put an eye-screw every foot that you can use with the wire to
>bundle up everything and keep it off the floor.

good ideas. what about nylon bands? would those do? I think I had
some but don't kow what happened to them. don't remember where I got
them tho.

would having additional kvm cables help some for the original input? I
do have 2 kvm cables. its currently hooked to the kvm switch to 2 pcs.
however, the single keyboard, mouse & video cables bears some thinking.
video cable can be replaced, with a kvm cable, but I'm not sure about
the keyboard cable & mouse cable. is it worthwile to go to the kvm
route or leave it as is.