RTF format?

I've been working on a resume in a resume program and was trying to save it
in the RTF format so it can be e-mailed. It's not happening, though. The pop
up window would say "converting to RTF format" and freeze. Help!
10 answers Last reply
More about format

    evie5 wrote:
    > I've been working on a resume in a resume program and was trying to save it
    > in the RTF format so it can be e-mailed. It's not happening, though. The pop
    > up window would say "converting to RTF format" and freeze. Help!

    sounds like a problem with the resume program that you're using; have
    you tried their website Troubleshooting FAQ ?

    Rick

    Yes, I have. I also called them and was told to re-install the program.
    Didn't work - still had the same problem. Called Gateway and was told I
    couldn't format an RTF file in ME but could in XP for $99 if I upgraded. I
    didn't trust him, which is why I'm here! Thanks for you response, BTW!

    "Rick T" wrote:

    > evie5 wrote:
    > > I've been working on a resume in a resume program and was trying to save it
    > > in the RTF format so it can be e-mailed. It's not happening, though. The pop
    > > up window would say "converting to RTF format" and freeze. Help!
    >
    > sounds like a problem with the resume program that you're using; have
    > you tried their website Troubleshooting FAQ ?
    >

    > Rick

    Does it say compatible with Win98 or WinME on the box ?

    Does it do that if you try to format... say a blank document ?

    Do you use any special characters; is your base language the same as the
    resume-maker's company ?

    Rick

    "Rick T" wrote:

    > Does it say compatible with Win98 or WinME on the box ?
    Yes.

    > Does it do that if you try to format... say a blank document ?
    No. I was able to format a blank Word document to RTF

    > Do you use any special characters; is your base language the same as the
    > resume-maker's company ?
    No; yes

    The program is Resume Maker Deluxe 2001 by Individual Software. Looks like
    this is where the problem lies, doesn't it? I will contact them again.
    Thanks, Rick and Mike!

    > evie5 wrote:
    > > Yes, I have. I also called them and was told to re-install the program.
    > > Didn't work - still had the same problem. Called Gateway and was told I
    > > couldn't format an RTF file in ME but could in XP for $99 if I upgraded. I
    > > didn't trust him, which is why I'm here! Thanks for you response, BTW!

    > >>sounds like a problem with the resume program that you're using; have
    > >>you tried their website Troubleshooting FAQ ?
    > >>

    > >>Rick

    I see Gateway is still using kindergarten kids for first level support.
    What you were told being total rubbish. RTF support has nothing to do
    with the operating system but would appear to be a function of the program
    you are using. Win Me contains WorPad which can be used to create and
    display RTF documents although most users will be using an application
    they have installed.
    --
    Mike Maltby
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    evie5 <evie5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > Yes, I have. I also called them and was told to re-install the
    > program. Didn't work - still had the same problem. Called Gateway and
    > was told I couldn't format an RTF file in ME but could in XP for $99
    > if I upgraded. I didn't trust him, which is why I'm here! Thanks for
    > you response, BTW!

    Glad I trusted my instincts re: Gateway. So, what application should I
    install? Or does this still seem to be a problem with the resume program?

    "Mike M" wrote:

    > I see Gateway is still using kindergarten kids for first level support.
    > What you were told being total rubbish. RTF support has nothing to do
    > with the operating system but would appear to be a function of the program
    > you are using. Win Me contains WorPad which can be used to create and
    > display RTF documents although most users will be using an application
    > they have installed.
    > --
    > Mike Maltby
    > mike.maltby@gmail.com
    >

    > evie5 <evie5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Yes, I have. I also called them and was told to re-install the
    > > program. Didn't work - still had the same problem. Called Gateway and
    > > was told I couldn't format an RTF file in ME but could in XP for $99
    > > if I upgraded. I didn't trust him, which is why I'm here! Thanks for
    > > you response, BTW!

    evie5 <evie5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > Glad I trusted my instincts re: Gateway. So, what application should I
    > install? Or does this still seem to be a problem with the resume
    > program?

    Your problem appears to be with some unnamed résumé application you have
    installed. Look no further. Check that the application is Win Me
    compatible. Liaise with the program's vendors.
    --
    Mike Maltby
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    Mike......perhaps I am wrong here, but could she not copy the finished
    Resume over to Word or (preferably, grin) WordPerfect and then save it as an
    *.rtf document?? That is what I do with the documents I transcribe for a
    genealogy website.

    Just a thought......Heather

    > evie5 <evie5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Glad I trusted my instincts re: Gateway. So, what application should I
    > > install? Or does this still seem to be a problem with the resume
    > > program?
    >
    > Your problem appears to be with some unnamed résumé application you have
    > installed. Look no further. Check that the application is Win Me
    > compatible. Liaise with the program's vendors.
    > --
    > Mike Maltby
    > mike.maltby@gmail.com

    http://support.individualsoftware.com/faq2/

    There's a patch for that program and reading through some of the FAQ it
    appears she can Copy/Paste to Word or another program.

    All the best,
    --
    George Aker aka SG
    Google is your friend www.google.com

    "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    > Mike......perhaps I am wrong here, but could she not copy the finished
    > Resume over to Word or (preferably, grin) WordPerfect and then save it as
    an
    > *.rtf document?? That is what I do with the documents I transcribe for a
    > genealogy website.
    >
    > Just a thought......Heather
    >
    > "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message
    > > evie5 <evie5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Glad I trusted my instincts re: Gateway. So, what application should I
    > > > install? Or does this still seem to be a problem with the resume
    > > > program?
    > >
    > > Your problem appears to be with some unnamed résumé application you have
    > > installed. Look no further. Check that the application is Win Me
    > > compatible. Liaise with the program's vendors.
    > > --
    > > Mike Maltby
    > > mike.maltby@gmail.com

    On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 22:24:12 +0100, "Mike M"

    >I see Gateway is still using kindergarten kids for first level support.
    >What you were told being total rubbish. RTF support has nothing to do
    >with the operating system but would appear to be a function of the program
    >you are using. Win Me contains WorPad which can be used to create and
    >display RTF documents although most users will be using an application
    >they have installed.

    WAG: Riched.dll ? It's a common DLL Hell battleground...

    http://cquirke.mvps.org/9x/dllhell.htm

    I *am* a power user!
    I have electricity bills to prove it!

Microsoft Format Windows