computer reboots

hey all..

this is something I don't understand. it should have booted up, but
instead it prompts for a press enter for a reboot

I just put in a new antec true550watt psu. when I connected it to the
new psu, the case has 4 lvd hard drives, and scsi-2 cd-drive & tape
drive, i have 2 other scsi-2 drives, but they are disconnected in this
test setup.

it booted up. instead of going to boot manager, it prompted "press
enter to reboot"

I took the cd-drive off line. and rebooted. it went to the boot
manager ok.

what's up with dat?

jad

boot sequence going to SCSI first?

"Dilbert Firestorm" <scanb_no_spam31@*no_spam*I-55*no_spam*.com> wrote in
message news:d2migb$tqk$1@news.datasync.com...
> hey all..
>
> this is something I don't understand. it should have booted up, but
> instead it prompts for a press enter for a reboot
>

> I just put in a new antec true550watt psu. when I connected it to the
> new psu, the case has 4 lvd hard drives, and scsi-2 cd-drive & tape
> drive, i have 2 other scsi-2 drives, but they are disconnected in this
> test setup.
>
> it booted up. instead of going to boot manager, it prompted "press
> enter to reboot"
>
> I took the cd-drive off line. and rebooted. it went to the boot
> manager ok.
>
> what's up with dat?

that I don't know.

will have to check the DFI motherboard bios. I just recently put in a
new p3 motherboard. I did fiddle with some bios settings. I thought I
had it set to boot to floppy first, then etc...

btw, could drive lettering be the problem? I do have the hard drives
partitioned to 2 gig chunks to match that with the 2 gig tape drive.