Security Patches

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
August 19, 2005 1:46:01 AM

I have to perform a reinstallation of IE6. Will the security of my computer
be compromised in any way. The software came with my puter at the time of
purchase some 5 yrs ago and want to feel that I'm not compromising it's
security by downloading what might be considered an outdated program.

More about : security patches

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 19, 2005 10:48:47 AM

What came with your computer 5 years ago was IE5.5 - What you should be
installing now is IE6 SP1 - which is a considerable upgrade in security.
Remember that after such an install, you need to go to Windows Update, and
get all the patches

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi