duplicate Name on network

I am new to net working and require a little help. I connect my laptop to my
pc via a netgear router when connected I recieve a windows error mesage a
duplicate name exist on this network.how do I rectify this
1 answer Last reply
More about duplicate network

    hi
    just go to control panel > system >

    and look for tab for computer name.
    change this to another name. you got the error because 2 or more
    computers with the same name were logged on to the network.

    while at it check network properties > tcpip and make sure the 2
    computers do not have the same ip address as well.

Wireless Networking