Picture Viewer EXE

I Have recently tried to read an attachment to my Email and the message
comes up cannot find Picture viewer exe for j peg images.
can anybody tell me how to reload this to my computer
Thanks Martin

--
martin.laws
3 answers Last reply

    Martin,

    Win Me contains no Picture Viewer.exe which I assume is an applet you
    installed as one time. By default Win Me uses Image Preview for viewing
    jpgs. You can restore the default viewer for viewing jpgs as follows:
    Control Panel | Folder Options | File Types, look for and select JPG in
    the list of file extensions and then click the Restore button at the
    bottom of the window.
    --
    Mike Maltby
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    martin.laws <martin.laws.1u3x0e@news.win98banter.com> wrote:

    > I Have recently tried to read an attachment to my Email and the
    > message comes up cannot find Picture viewer exe for j peg images.
    > can anybody tell me how to reload this to my computer
    > Thanks Martin

    PictureViewer is a QuickTime application and a rather poor one.
    Change your viewer to something better like IrfanView - Freeware
    Graphic Viewer:
    http://www.irfanview.com/

    ....Alan
    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 08:43:37 +0100, martin.laws
    <martin.laws.1u3x0e@news.win98banter.com> wrote:

    >I Have recently tried to read an attachment to my Email and the message
    >comes up cannot find Picture viewer exe for j peg images.
    >can anybody tell me how to reload this to my computer
    >Thanks Martin

    >PictureViewer is a QuickTime application and a rather poor one.
    >Change your viewer to something better like IrfanView - Freeware
    >Graphic Viewer:
    >http://www.irfanview.com/
    >
    >...Alan

    I fully agree.I have Irfanview installed as my default program for
    ..jpg,.bmp etc. The image can be enhanced or whatever straight away.It
    is an excellent piece of freeware.

Microsoft Email Windows