Picture Viewer EXE

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
August 21, 2005 12:43:37 PM

I Have recently tried to read an attachment to my Email and the message
comes up cannot find Picture viewer exe for j peg images.
can anybody tell me how to reload this to my computer
Thanks Martin

--
martin.laws

More about : picture viewer exe

Anonymous
August 21, 2005 2:36:37 PM

Martin,

Win Me contains no Picture Viewer.exe which I assume is an applet you
installed as one time. By default Win Me uses Image Preview for viewing
jpgs. You can restore the default viewer for viewing jpgs as follows:
Control Panel | Folder Options | File Types, look for and select JPG in
the list of file extensions and then click the Restore button at the
bottom of the window.
--
Mike Maltby
mike.maltby@gmail.com

martin.laws <martin.laws.1u3x0e@news.win98banter.com> wrote:

> I Have recently tried to read an attachment to my Email and the
> message comes up cannot find Picture viewer exe for j peg images.
> can anybody tell me how to reload this to my computer
> Thanks Martin
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 1:01:50 AM

PictureViewer is a QuickTime application and a rather poor one.
Change your viewer to something better like IrfanView - Freeware
Graphic Viewer:
http://www.irfanview.com/

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 08:43:37 +0100, martin.laws
<martin.laws.1u3x0e@news.win98banter.com> wrote:

>I Have recently tried to read an attachment to my Email and the message
>comes up cannot find Picture viewer exe for j peg images.
>can anybody tell me how to reload this to my computer
>Thanks Martin
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 11:45:38 PM

>PictureViewer is a QuickTime application and a rather poor one.
>Change your viewer to something better like IrfanView - Freeware
>Graphic Viewer:
>http://www.irfanview.com/
>
>...Alan

I fully agree.I have Irfanview installed as my default program for
..jpg,.bmp etc. The image can be enhanced or whatever straight away.It
is an excellent piece of freeware.
!