I am seeking some help with a wireless adapter problem. The system
setup is comprehensively detailed in seperate post 'power up issues'
in computer help desk.

Having installed a Linksys Wireless G PCI Adapter with SpeedBooster
(Model No: WMP54GS-UK) in order to establish a wireless link to a
Canon Pixma iP4000R wireless printer the driver shows the dreaded
yellow eclamation mark (code 10 device can not start) in device
manager - XP Home.

I suspect that this might be due to an IRQ conflict but have been
unable to find a way to manually asign a different (unshared) IRQ as
used to be possible with Win 98SE.

For example if I were to uninstall XP and thus revert to the
underlying (clean) OS - Win 98SE (first reducing RAM to 98's 512 MB
limit of course) - asigning the IRQ and then installing XP Home once
more would this work, or would XP take control of the IRQ's once more
and revert to the present (perhaps conflicted) status with a code 10
error?

Or.......is there a way to overide the XP asigned IRQ and imposing a
new one (I recall Linksys recomending IRQ 11) within XP Home as
installed?

Alternatively, is there another more plausible reason for device
manager to report a code 10 error and prevent the driver from
starting the device?

All/any thoughts/help/ideas either to IRQ asignment or the problem in
general would be most welcome!!

Thanks in advance.

jad

its not an IRQ problem I don't think. XP is darn good at the sharing game. I
suspect the printer driver to be the problem.

"pcpilot" <plhwirral@compuserve-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> I am seeking some help with a wireless adapter problem. The system
> setup is comprehensively detailed in seperate post 'power up issues'
> in computer help desk.
>
> Having installed a Linksys Wireless G PCI Adapter with SpeedBooster
> (Model No: WMP54GS-UK) in order to establish a wireless link to a
> Canon Pixma iP4000R wireless printer the driver shows the dreaded
> yellow eclamation mark (code 10 device can not start) in device
> manager - XP Home.
>
> I suspect that this might be due to an IRQ conflict but have been
> unable to find a way to manually asign a different (unshared) IRQ as
> used to be possible with Win 98SE.
>
> For example if I were to uninstall XP and thus revert to the
> underlying (clean) OS - Win 98SE (first reducing RAM to 98's 512 MB
> limit of course) - asigning the IRQ and then installing XP Home once
> more would this work, or would XP take control of the IRQ's once more
> and revert to the present (perhaps conflicted) status with a code 10
> error?
>
> Or.......is there a way to overide the XP asigned IRQ and imposing a
> new one (I recall Linksys recomending IRQ 11) within XP Home as
> installed?
>
> Alternatively, is there another more plausible reason for device
> manager to report a code 10 error and prevent the driver from
> starting the device?
>
> All/any thoughts/help/ideas either to IRQ asignment or the problem in
> general would be most welcome!!
>
> Thanks in advance.

I have a Pixma connected to several pc's through both Ethernet and wireless,
through a print server. When I was trying to set them up, all attempts to
load the printer drivers failed. I had to manually connect the printer ,by
USB cable to each PC and go through the installation process, which included