Cannot restore Quick Launch Toolbar

I can no longer activate the Quick Launch toolbar. When
I try to set it up from the Taskbar and Sart Menu
Properties by checking the apprioriate box. But when I
activate or click OK, the box reverts back to unchecked.

What's missing? What needs to be restored? Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot restore quick launch toolbar

    Hi Mark,

    This is caused by a malware named BlazeFind. Open Registry Editor and navigate to:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
    In the right-pane, change the value of Userinit to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,"

    Type the above value exactly as given, including the comma - exclude the quotes. Also, change the path to userinit.exe approriately, if Windows is installed in a different drive.

    Close Registry Editor and restart Windows. The Quick Launch settings should be retained now.

    Reference: news:esWEp7FdEHA.1048@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl

    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

    Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/gp/gpref.asp

    "Mark Liuzzo" <liuzzo@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1e9901c47c7b$9745eb60$a601280a@phx.gbl...
    I can no longer activate the Quick Launch toolbar. When
    I try to set it up from the Taskbar and Sart Menu
    Properties by checking the apprioriate box. But when I
    activate or click OK, the box reverts back to unchecked.

    What's missing? What needs to be restored? Thanks.

Taskbar Microsoft Quick Launch Windows XP