My Windows Me calculator disappeared from my desktop

I ran a search and it is just not on my computer any more. Is there anyone
that knows how to restore my calculator? I have searched database and can
find nothing on the subject. It is really irritating not to have the use of
it.
5 answers Last reply
More about windows calculator disappeared desktop

    What did you search for?
    The calculator is CALC.EXE in your Windows folder.
    If that exists, then make another shortcut to it.
    If it doesn't exist, then replace it:
    Control Panel-Add/Remove-Windows Setup-Accessories-Calculator

    ....Alan
    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 00:41:04 -0700, "Celticmist1"
    <Celticmist1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I ran a search and it is just not on my computer any more. Is there anyone
    >that knows how to restore my calculator? I have searched database and can
    >find nothing on the subject. It is really irritating not to have the use of
    >it.

    I did what you said and it's not anywhere and Windows Me as downloads do not
    show a CLC.EXE
    Where can I find it to download, is it on one of my startup disks?
    "Alan Edwards" wrote:

    > What did you search for?
    > The calculator is CALC.EXE in your Windows folder.
    > If that exists, then make another shortcut to it.
    > If it doesn't exist, then replace it:
    > Control Panel-Add/Remove-Windows Setup-Accessories-Calculator
    >
    > ....Alan
    > --
    > Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    > http://dts-l.org/index.html
    >

    > On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 00:41:04 -0700, "Celticmist1"
    > <Celticmist1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >I ran a search and it is just not on my computer any more. Is there anyone
    > >that knows how to restore my calculator? I have searched database and can
    > >find nothing on the subject. It is really irritating not to have the use of
    > >it.

    If you can't find it, you may want to consider downloading a free
    calculator from;
    http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptcalc.asp

    Dan

    "Celticmist1" <Celticmist1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I did what you said and it's not anywhere and Windows Me as
    downloads do not
    > show a CLC.EXE
    > Where can I find it to download, is it on one of my startup disks?
    > "Alan Edwards" wrote:
    >
    > > What did you search for?
    > > The calculator is CALC.EXE in your Windows folder.
    > > If that exists, then make another shortcut to it.
    > > If it doesn't exist, then replace it:
    > > Control Panel-Add/Remove-Windows Setup-Accessories-Calculator
    > >
    > > ....Alan
    > > --
    > > Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    > > http://dts-l.org/index.html
    > >

    > > On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 00:41:04 -0700, "Celticmist1"
    > > <Celticmist1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > >I ran a search and it is just not on my computer any more. Is
    there anyone
    > > >that knows how to restore my calculator? I have searched
    database and can
    > > >find nothing on the subject. It is really irritating not to have
    the use of
    > > >it.

    I did not say to look for CLC.EXE
    The calculator is CALC.EXE
    You don't have to download it. It is available from your Win Me CD.
    You can get it as already suggested in Control
    Panel-Add/Remove-Windows Setup-Accessories-Calculator

    You can also get a copy from your CD.
    It is in Win_16.cab
    How to Extract Original Compressed Windows Files [Q129605]
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=129605

    There should also be a copy in Win_16.cab in
    C:\Windows\Options\Install

    ....Alan
    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 03:16:11 -0700, "Celticmist1"
    <Celticmist1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I did what you said and it's not anywhere and Windows Me as downloads do not
    >show a CLC.EXE
    >Where can I find it to download, is it on one of my startup disks?
    >"Alan Edwards" wrote:
    >
    >> What did you search for?
    >> The calculator is CALC.EXE in your Windows folder.
    >> If that exists, then make another shortcut to it.
    >> If it doesn't exist, then replace it:
    >> Control Panel-Add/Remove-Windows Setup-Accessories-Calculator
    >>
    >> ....Alan
    >> --
    >> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    >> http://dts-l.org/index.html
    >>

    >> On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 00:41:04 -0700, "Celticmist1"
    >> <Celticmist1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I ran a search and it is just not on my computer any more. Is there anyone
    >> >that knows how to restore my calculator? I have searched database and can
    >> >find nothing on the subject. It is really irritating not to have the use of
    >> >it.

  5. I just found it the answer from a different site. Right click on your desktop, go to new, type in calc, and save it to your desk top. If you have not deleted it altogether, then you would need to install with a CD.

    I hope this is helpful for you... Have an amazing rest of your day!!! :\ :hello:

Windows Me Desktops Windows