windows xp reboots when I let it sit for 10 minutes or more

windows xp reboots when I let it sit for 10 minutes or more. If I play
or do anything usually doesn't reboot. Please help I installed another
dimm of 256mb pc3200. I have a ASUS P4R800-VM.

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 23:23:28 +0000, acehardy@telus-dot-net.no-spam.invalid
(acehardy12) wrote:

>windows xp reboots when I let it sit for 10 minutes or more. If I play
>or do anything usually doesn't reboot. Please help I installed another
>dimm of 256mb pc3200. I have a ASUS P4R800-VM.

Perhaps your computer is trying to hibernate or run a screensaver.

Have you tried running your screensaver? If it causes a problem then it's
probably either a software problem with the screensaver itself or a
problem with your video drivers.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

acehardy@telus-dot-net.no-spam.invalid (acehardy12) wrote:

> windows xp reboots when I let it sit for 10 minutes or more. If
> I play or do anything usually doesn't reboot. Please help I
> installed another dimm of 256mb pc3200. I have a ASUS P4R800-VM.

Are you implying that the problem began after you installed the
additional memory?

Try looking here
Start -- Control Panel -- Power Options
I think your lead is to look for something that occurs 10 minutes
after startup.

Are you using a screen saver?

Hi I think so I checked power options all set to never. I don't have a
screensaver set. The other weird thing that is happening is that when
you set the computer to standby the computer standsby but you can't
get the computer to get out of standby my mouse isn't lit up and
keyboard doesn't work either

"acehardy12" <acehardy@telus-dot-net.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> windows xp reboots when I let it sit for 10 minutes or more. If I play
> or do anything usually doesn't reboot. Please help I installed another
> dimm of 256mb pc3200. I have a ASUS P4R800-VM.

First off, right click my computer click properties, advanced tab. Click on
startup and recovery "settings" and uncheck Automatically restart if it
isn't already done so. The resulting BSOD next time might give more clues.
There's also the event viewer under my computer "manage" that may contain
clues.

JohnS

I've seen that as a conflict between WinXP power
management, and mobo BIOS power management.
Totally disable one of them .. or both.

johns

Thanks all the last 2 posts solved the problem. Thanks all very much.

again thanks