Uninstall unknown application AND create association in fo..

I mistakenly tried installing an incompatible product. Now I cannot open
email attachments (and some documents): am told I "must create an
association" in the folder options of the control panel. Aside from not
being able to figure out how to do that, when I try to uninstall the bogus
product, it does not show up in the list of applications, although I know
exactly where it is on My Computer. Anyone know what I need to do to clear
this all up?
2 answers Last reply
More about uninstall unknown application create association

    Have you tried System Restore?

    All the best,
    --
    George Aker aka SG
    Google is your friend www.google.com

    "psyddha" <psyddha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I mistakenly tried installing an incompatible product. Now I cannot open
    > email attachments (and some documents): am told I "must create an
    > association" in the folder options of the control panel. Aside from not
    > being able to figure out how to do that, when I try to uninstall the bogus
    > product, it does not show up in the list of applications, although I know
    > exactly where it is on My Computer. Anyone know what I need to do to
    clear
    > this all up?

    It would have helped if you had mentioned the file types involved.

    Right click on a file of the type for which you wish to change the
    association, select Open With, Choose Program and browse to and select the
    required application, check the box "Always use the selected program to
    open this kind of file" and click OK. Repeat for each file type involved.
    --
    Mike Maltby
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    psyddha <psyddha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > I mistakenly tried installing an incompatible product. Now I cannot
    > open email attachments (and some documents): am told I "must create an
    > association" in the folder options of the control panel. Aside from
    > not being able to figure out how to do that, when I try to uninstall
    > the bogus product, it does not show up in the list of applications,
    > although I know exactly where it is on My Computer. Anyone know what
    > I need to do to clear this all up?

Microsoft Windows