Uninstall unknown application AND create association in fo..

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
August 24, 2005 8:30:02 AM

I mistakenly tried installing an incompatible product. Now I cannot open
email attachments (and some documents): am told I "must create an
association" in the folder options of the control panel. Aside from not
being able to figure out how to do that, when I try to uninstall the bogus
product, it does not show up in the list of applications, although I know
exactly where it is on My Computer. Anyone know what I need to do to clear
this all up?

More about : uninstall unknown application create association

Anonymous
August 24, 2005 11:45:44 AM

Have you tried System Restore?

All the best,
--
George Aker aka SG
Google is your friend www.google.com

"psyddha" <psyddha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I mistakenly tried installing an incompatible product. Now I cannot open
> email attachments (and some documents): am told I "must create an
> association" in the folder options of the control panel. Aside from not
> being able to figure out how to do that, when I try to uninstall the bogus
> product, it does not show up in the list of applications, although I know
> exactly where it is on My Computer. Anyone know what I need to do to
clear
> this all up?
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 5:10:00 PM

It would have helped if you had mentioned the file types involved.

Right click on a file of the type for which you wish to change the
association, select Open With, Choose Program and browse to and select the
required application, check the box "Always use the selected program to
open this kind of file" and click OK. Repeat for each file type involved.
--
Mike Maltby
mike.maltby@gmail.com

!