IE6

Puter is locking up coming out of game room site. Get this MS message that IE
has caused a problem in Kernel 32 (I think) and to send it to Microsoft which
i've done. I've tried Ctrl+Alt+Del to no avail. Could the problem be with the
site I'm in rather than a problem with my puter. Last but not least, I
recently downloaded a trial version of a hide and lock program to protect
some of my more sensitive files. Is it possible that this might be at the
root of my problem? Haven't used it as yet so I doubt that this could be the
cause. Any ideas?
2 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    "Sandy" wrote:
    > Puter is locking up coming out of game room site. Get this MS message that IE
    > has caused a problem in Kernel 32 (I think) and to send it to Microsoft which
    > i've done. I've tried Ctrl+Alt+Del to no avail. Could the problem be with the
    > site I'm in rather than a problem with my puter. Last but not least, I
    > recently downloaded a trial version of a hide and lock program to protect
    > some of my more sensitive files. Is it possible that this might be at the
    > root of my problem? Haven't used it as yet so I doubt that this could be the
    > cause. Any ideas?

    ## Help with Hijackware ##
    *All* MVP Sites.
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
    http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/Darnit.htm

    Unexplained computer behaviour may be caused by deceptive software.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827315

    Silj

    --
    siljaline

    MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
    Security Tools Updates
    http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

    (Reply to group, as return address
    is invalid - that we may all benefit)

    "Sandy" wrote:
    > Just to let u know it was the hide and lock program i downloaded off of the
    > internet that was causing the problem. Thanks for ur help.

    Sandy, I'm glad to hear all is well!
    Beware of freeware programs that claim to do miraculous things...
    If unsure - ask here.

    Regards,
    Silj

    --
    siljaline

    MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
    Security Tools Updates
    http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

    (Reply to group, as return address
    is invalid - that we may all benefit)