Windows ME failing to boot after install. Exception OE...

Just finished building a new P4 system. Trying to load Windows ME onto
it, but after installation I recieve the following blue screen during
boot:

"An exception OE has occurred at 0028:C006115D in VxD VNETBIOS(01) +
00000B8D. This was called from 0028:C023F58B in VxD VMM(OC) +
0000058B."

Tried removing Client for Microsoft Networks, seeing as "VNETBIOS" was
listed. Tried disabling the Intel board's onboard network. Tried
Windows ME to load. It'll load in Safe Mode, but that's it.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Is ME simply not suited to modern systems?

Many thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows failing boot install exception

    I'm not sure if this may be a video problem but have a look here and see
    if you can find any answers.
    Joan

    http://www.aumha.org/kberrmsg.htm

    "ERROR: OE" or "ERROR: OD"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308366

    How to Troubleshoot Windows Protection Error Messages [Q149962]
    http://support.microsoft.com?scid=kb;EN-US;Q149962

    Here's a whole page on Windows Protection Errors, with a description, some
    key general articles for approaching them, and many articles focusing on
    specific situations: http://aumha.org/win4/kbewpe.htm

    "How to Examine Detailed Error Messages in Windows Millennium Edition"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];264938

    terrancedrith@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Just finished building a new P4 system. Trying to load Windows ME onto
    > it, but after installation I recieve the following blue screen during
    > boot:
    >
    > "An exception OE has occurred at 0028:C006115D in VxD VNETBIOS(01) +
    > 00000B8D. This was called from 0028:C023F58B in VxD VMM(OC) +
    > 0000058B."
    >
    > Tried removing Client for Microsoft Networks, seeing as "VNETBIOS" was
    > listed. Tried disabling the Intel board's onboard network. Tried
    > Windows ME to load. It'll load in Safe Mode, but that's it.
    >
    > Any thoughts? Suggestions? Is ME simply not suited to modern systems?
    >
    > Many thanks.

Windows Me Boot Microsoft Windows