quick PCMCIA card

Do they make a combo 10/100-802.11B/G WIRELESS PCMCIA card for laptops? I
have an older laptop with two PCMCIA slots and I need both 10/100-802.11B/G
capabilities as well as firewire input.
3 answers Last reply
More about quick pcmcia card

    Steve wrote:
    > Do they make a combo 10/100-802.11B/G WIRELESS PCMCIA card for
    laptops? I
    > have an older laptop with two PCMCIA slots and I need both
    10/100-802.11B/G
    > capabilities as well as firewire input.

    I don't know, but you can get USB network adapters (wireless and
    wired). Or would it be better to get a new laptop? You can get
    laptops with all of these built in, and it'll be a lot faster than your
    old one.

    <petermcmillan_uk@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > Steve wrote:
    >> Do they make a combo 10/100-802.11B/G WIRELESS PCMCIA card for
    > laptops? I
    >> have an older laptop with two PCMCIA slots and I need both
    > 10/100-802.11B/G
    >> capabilities as well as firewire input.
    >
    > I don't know, but you can get USB network adapters (wireless and
    > wired). Or would it be better to get a new laptop? You can get
    > laptops with all of these built in, and it'll be a lot faster than your
    > old one.

    Thanks, I always forget about the USB wireless adaptors... and unfortunately
    it's my boss's laptop and he spent something like $3000 in 1999 on it and
    intends to use it for the next 50 years to make sure he gets his moneys
    worth! I tried to get him to buy one from Dell for around $600 that had
    everything he needed but he'd rather spend around $200 to modify this one to
    suit his needs...

    "Steve" <biteme.stvchpmn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Do they make a combo 10/100-802.11B/G WIRELESS PCMCIA card for laptops? I
    > have an older laptop with two PCMCIA slots and I need both
    > 10/100-802.11B/G capabilities as well as firewire input.

    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?Submit=list&catalog=34&DEPA=0&Order=priceD&CMP=KNC-600673key

    About every pcmcia card made is listed there. I don't see anything there
    that will help you though.

    Ed

Homebuilt Laptops PCMCIA WiFi and Home Networking Systems