quick PCMCIA card

Last response: in Systems
Share
April 7, 2005 2:51:31 PM

Do they make a combo 10/100-802.11B/G WIRELESS PCMCIA card for laptops? I
have an older laptop with two PCMCIA slots and I need both 10/100-802.11B/G
capabilities as well as firewire input.

More about : quick pcmcia card

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b D Laptop
April 7, 2005 2:51:32 PM

Steve wrote:
> Do they make a combo 10/100-802.11B/G WIRELESS PCMCIA card for
laptops? I
> have an older laptop with two PCMCIA slots and I need both
10/100-802.11B/G
> capabilities as well as firewire input.

I don't know, but you can get USB network adapters (wireless and
wired). Or would it be better to get a new laptop? You can get
laptops with all of these built in, and it'll be a lot faster than your
old one.
April 7, 2005 3:11:46 PM

<petermcmillan_uk@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Steve wrote:
>> Do they make a combo 10/100-802.11B/G WIRELESS PCMCIA card for
> laptops? I
>> have an older laptop with two PCMCIA slots and I need both
> 10/100-802.11B/G
>> capabilities as well as firewire input.
>
> I don't know, but you can get USB network adapters (wireless and
> wired). Or would it be better to get a new laptop? You can get
> laptops with all of these built in, and it'll be a lot faster than your
> old one.

Thanks, I always forget about the USB wireless adaptors... and unfortunately
it's my boss's laptop and he spent something like $3000 in 1999 on it and
intends to use it for the next 50 years to make sure he gets his moneys
worth! I tried to get him to buy one from Dell for around $600 that had
everything he needed but he'd rather spend around $200 to modify this one to
suit his needs...
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b D Laptop
April 8, 2005 6:57:56 PM

"Steve" <biteme.stvchpmn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Do they make a combo 10/100-802.11B/G WIRELESS PCMCIA card for laptops? I
> have an older laptop with two PCMCIA slots and I need both
> 10/100-802.11B/G capabilities as well as firewire input.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?Submit=list&c...

About every pcmcia card made is listed there. I don't see anything there
that will help you though.

Ed
!