Windows media player Critical Update for Windows ME

Hi
I keep getting a windows Critical Update notice for windows media player...
and I have installed this update about 10 times, but still keep getting this
notice over and over again. It obviously is not working.
Does anyone know what could be causing this? do you think this problem
could be caused by a worm?
Please help.
Emerald
1 answer Last reply
More about windows media player critical update windows

    1. Boot into Safe Mode.
    2. Search for any and all files named WMP.DLL and rename them (wmp.old will
    do).
    3. Re-boot into Normal Mode.
    4. Re-download WMP9 and then KB828026 (NOT the 889452 update!).
    5. Re-boot.
    6. Check to see if the update is offered again - only the 889452 should be
    offered, and you should take it.

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    "Emerald" <emerald@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I keep getting a windows Critical Update notice for windows media
    > player...
    > and I have installed this update about 10 times, but still keep getting
    > this
    > notice over and over again. It obviously is not working.
    > Does anyone know what could be causing this? do you think this problem
    > could be caused by a worm?
    > Please help.
    > Emerald

Windows Me Microsoft Media Player Windows