How big a power supply do I need?

I have an amd athlon 64 3000+ radeon 9700 pro, 1024mb ram, 10gig ide
drive, 100gig ata drive, floopy, cd player, dvd burner, 2 case fans

jad

5" x 5" x 4" 1/3 ;^)

400w to 500w reputable brand. I use Antec these days. There are rumors that
now that they have built a reputation, they are going to sell out to
someone. Usually the way it goes.

http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/

--
ASUS A8V/Athlon 64 FX-55
ATI RADEON X800XT PE

In article <qSw6e.3136$wX1.614@fe07.lga>,
JAD <kapasitor@earthcharter.net> wrote:
>5" x 5" x 4" 1/3 ;^)
>
>400w to 500w reputable brand. I use Antec these days. There are rumors that
>now that they have built a reputation, they are going to sell out to
>someone. Usually the way it goes.
>

>"Gargamel1337" <damntetons@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
>>I have an amd athlon 64 3000+ radeon 9700 pro, 1024mb ram, 10gig ide
>> drive, 100gig ata drive, floopy, cd player, dvd burner, 2 case fans

PC Power & Cooling sells good stuff, but not the cheapset. It's been
a long time since I called them but I expect that if you do you'll get
a competant sales person that will take your specs and give you a
right-sized PSU.

http://www.pcpowerandcooling.com/home.htm

--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

A good quality 400 Watt PSU would work well.

--
DaveW

"Gargamel1337" <damntetons@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
>I have an amd athlon 64 3000+ radeon 9700 pro, 1024mb ram, 10gig ide
> drive, 100gig ata drive, floopy, cd player, dvd burner, 2 case fans

peter

2005-04-11, JAD wrote:
> 5" x 5" x 4" 1/3 ;^)
>
> 400w to 500w reputable brand. I use Antec these days. There are rumors that
> now that they have built a reputation, they are going to sell out to
> someone. Usually the way it goes.

Hmm, I run a similar system (Asus A8V, AMD64 3000+, 2 HDs, CDROM,
DVDwriter, 6800GT graphics card, 512MB mem) on a 315 Watt PSU. Running
seti@home the whole day without problems,

-peter

hmm ok becuase I have a 350watt right now, and i have been having some
problems running games, and having my screen go black during play, and
someone told me they thought it was the fact that my power supply was
too small. But i thought it was wierd bc my computer is still running
at the time, just the monitor goes into sleep mode

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 22:19:44 +0000,
damntetons@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (Gargamel1337) wrote:

>hmm ok becuase I have a 350watt right now, and i have been having some
>problems running games, and having my screen go black during play, and
>someone told me they thought it was the fact that my power supply was
>too small. But i thought it was wierd bc my computer is still running
>at the time, just the monitor goes into sleep mode

The Antec 550watt power supplies are good quiet quality supplies.

They aren't much more than the various 4xx watt supplies.

(..and I don't want to hear about your $15 600watt marvels ;)

Don't waste your time with a 4xx supply that you'll be replacing in
two years for a bigger one.