winme shutdown error in VxD SBCP9X2(01)

I have been getting a message sporadically for the last 6 months or so that I
cannot seem to remedy. Upon shutdown I get the usual "blue screen" with the
message:
An exception 0E has occurred at 0028:C1657881 iv VxD SBCP9X2(01) + 00003701.
This was called from 0028:00000004 in VxD.

What does this mean and how can I fix this problem.
Chris

Chris,

The problem appears to be with the driver SBCP9X2.VXD which is not pat of
Win Me and possibly a driver associated with the use of some SBC hardware.

You say you have been experiencing this problem for the last six months.
What changes did you make to your system at that time? For example did
you add a new network card or other network device or update drivers at
that time? If so then try reversing those changes.
--
Mike Maltby
mike.maltby@gmail.com

chris fraser <chrisfraser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have been getting a message sporadically for the last 6 months or
> so that I cannot seem to remedy. Upon shutdown I get the usual "blue
> screen" with the message:
> An exception 0E has occurred at 0028:C1657881 iv VxD SBCP9X2(01) +
> 00003701. This was called from 0028:00000004 in VxD.
>
> What does this mean and how can I fix this problem.
> Chris

Mike, thanks for your help so far!!

The only thing that I made changes with was adding Alcohol 120% which I
think added virtual (??) drive (G:). I found an article regarding a
possibility of network drives not shutting down fast enough for WINME. Will
try this tonight. Only thing elso was the software and drivers for a Canon
dig camera last October. Perhaps a search of SBC files may lead to clue as
to what it might be.
Thanks!
Chris