windows ME and VPN use

ap

Hello,
I have a Windows ME 2000 PC that I purchased
about 4 years ago.

The OS crashed often, but so far I've used the
PC occasionally so it hasn't been a problem.

Now, I'm considering using it for remote access
to the network at the office. They use VPN.

A few questions:
1. Can Windows ME OS be removed and replaced
with Win 2K?

2. Is VPN supported on Windows ME. Has anyone tried
it?

Thank you.

> 1. Can Windows ME OS be removed and replaced
> with Win 2K?

Not an OS question but instead one of whether the hardware is suitable and
the drivers exist.
--
Mike Maltby
mike.maltby@gmail.com

ap <corsica@ragingbull.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have a Windows ME 2000 PC that I purchased
> about 4 years ago.
>
> The OS crashed often, but so far I've used the
> PC occasionally so it hasn't been a problem.
>
> Now, I'm considering using it for remote access
> to the network at the office. They use VPN.
>
> A few questions:
> 1. Can Windows ME OS be removed and replaced
> with Win 2K?
>
> 2. Is VPN supported on Windows ME. Has anyone tried
> it?
>
> Thank you.

Latest posts