connecting both computers with different operating system ..

Hi...
I am new in Communication and networking so please your answer must be
in details ...
My computer in the living room with windows XP home edition ..the other
computer with windows 2000 with servie pack 4 in my kids bed room .. my
wirelss router is linksys connected to my computers and the network card
is connected to my kids computer...so please tell me how to activate the
kids computer and my computer to be connected together ..so i can get the
files that are stored in my kids computer hard drive and they can use my
printer connected to my computer...and how can i get some of my files
protected that they cannot open them.....i noticed something strange when
i installed the network router and the card in both computers ..i
uninstall my wireless router completely but the kids computer still
connected to the internnet through there network wireless card..so i
assume that somebody in the building got a wireless router and they get
the intenet connection from him ..so how i know all these things and how i
make my computers kid connected with mine..and what are the secure
procedure that prevent anybody to log in my computer and spy on my
files....

Regards...
1 answer Last reply
More about connecting computers operating system

    Here you go. Plenty of detail http://www.ezlan.net/index.html#Wireless
    Frank

    "naderbd" <naderbd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi...
    > I am new in Communication and networking so please your answer must be
    > in details ...
    > My computer in the living room with windows XP home edition ..the other
    > computer with windows 2000 with servie pack 4 in my kids bed room .. my
    > wirelss router is linksys connected to my computers and the network card
    > is connected to my kids computer...so please tell me how to activate the
    > kids computer and my computer to be connected together ..so i can get the
    > files that are stored in my kids computer hard drive and they can use my
    > printer connected to my computer...and how can i get some of my files
    > protected that they cannot open them.....i noticed something strange when
    > i installed the network router and the card in both computers ..i
    > uninstall my wireless router completely but the kids computer still
    > connected to the internnet through there network wireless card..so i
    > assume that somebody in the building got a wireless router and they get
    > the intenet connection from him ..so how i know all these things and how i
    > make my computers kid connected with mine..and what are the secure
    > procedure that prevent anybody to log in my computer and spy on my
    > files....
    >
    > Regards...

Networking Computers Wireless Networking