Good video card and monitor for photoshop

What are some recommendations for a video card and flat panel monitor
for digital photo editing?

Paul

jad

just about any 64+ meg ram video card
no flat panel monitors under 1200$ will do color matching, but if your just
a hobbyist then the largest viewable LCD you can afford. System RAM is much
more important than either of those mentioned.

"Devilboy" <truerelaxation@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> What are some recommendations for a video card and flat panel monitor
> for digital photo editing?
>
> Paul

GlimmerMan

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2004

Video cards are really not that great of a deal with image editing but
to go out and buy some voodoo fx 16mb card. RAM is much more important
(as was said) as it allows more space for your image to be held. I
suggest buying two LCD monitors and a vidceo card that supports them
as photoshop is very frustrating to use when you have all the windows
etc up. With the second monitor you should place all of the windows
onto to that and use the first monitor purely for your image. That
is, if your really into it.

Apple computers seem to have some really nice displays. I'd like to to
get that level of display from a Windows PC.

I pulled up the Apple G5 towers and most of them use they use an NVIDIA
GeForce FX 5200 Ultra. That is a 128MB video card. It cost about
$120.00 on newegg. The top of the line G5 tower has an ATI Radeon 9600
XT. That is a 128MB card and costs about $209. The Apple 20 inch
display lists for $999.

If I go with one of these video cards and a digital flat panel monitor
what kind of results can I expect? Will my images be as crisp as what
I see in the Apple store? I'm not completely opposed to buying a Mac
but I'd really rather stick with a PC that I can tweak, fix and upgrade
myself.

Paul