Can't delete un-needed file via explorer?

Nancy

I am try to help my daughter who is getting an error msg "low disk space".
I told
her to do a cleanup and then delete her log files and txt files to give her
more
room. Also her temp folder, and internet temp folder.

But Windows Me would let her delete the log and txt files. Is there
something
in the Win Me set up that she needed to unlock? Thansk!

Nancy wrote:
> I am try to help my daughter who is getting an error msg "low disk space".
> I told
> her to do a cleanup and then delete her log files and txt files to give her
> more
> room. Also her temp folder, and internet temp folder.
>
> But Windows Me would let her delete the log and txt files. Is there
> something
> in the Win Me set up that she needed to unlock? Thansk!

log files are often in use. txt files (usually) aren't big enough to
worry about.

She might want to delete the browser temp files through Internet Explorer.

And check the size of the swapfile WIN386.SWP

Rick

It depends on the log files. Many can't be deleted when Win Me is running
such as the CollectedData files in the
C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\DataColl folder nor any of the contents of the
C:\_RESTORE folder.

I'd recommend your daughter use the Disk Cleanup wizard located at Start |
Programs | Accessories | System Tools. Make certain she doesn't have too
much space allocated to the system restore archive (C:\_RESTORE folder).
This setting can be accessed via the More Options button.
--
Mike Maltby
mike.maltby@gmail.com