Who Makes the Cd-RW Drive?

tomas

Distinguished
May 7, 2004

Hi,

Just installed a Hi-Val 52X Cd-RW drive, but would like to know who
actually manufactured the drive. According to SiSoft Sandra it has a
volumn name of DPPCPRO0597.

Any help is appreciated

steveh

"tomas" <tomasttse@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Just installed a Hi-Val 52X Cd-RW drive, but would like to know who
> actually manufactured the drive. According to SiSoft Sandra it has a
> volumn name of DPPCPRO0597.
>
> Any help is appreciated

Hi

The volume name is just the name of the CD in the drive. Presumably you were
using the cover disk from PC Pro edition 597.

Sandra should be able to tell you more than that. If not, install Everest
Home Edition and see what that says.

SteveH

BigJim

I think IOMagic makes it but it could be made by Pacific Digital
"tomas" <tomasttse@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Just installed a Hi-Val 52X Cd-RW drive, but would like to know who
> actually manufactured the drive. According to SiSoft Sandra it has a
> volumn name of DPPCPRO0597.
>
> Any help is appreciated

jad

i/o magic-- seems to me that is correct..........but then who makes their
stuff?

"BigJIm" <Jim10277@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I think IOMagic makes it but it could be made by Pacific Digital
> "tomas" <tomasttse@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just installed a Hi-Val 52X Cd-RW drive, but would like to know who
> > actually manufactured the drive. According to SiSoft Sandra it has a
> > volumn name of DPPCPRO0597.
> >
> > Any help is appreciated

tomas,

My version of Everest gives a model # , but not a manufacturer. However, a
web service for the model # provided the manufacturer.

Also, at this link: http://www.videohelp.com/ you might be able to find out
who actually manufactured your drive. I found in one of the forums a
discussion of who actually manufactured the various re-badged drives. This
was several months ago; so I can't be sure the info is still there.

Wayne

"JAD" <kapasitor@earthcharter.net> wrote in message
> i/o magic-- seems to me that is correct..........but then who makes their
> stuff?
>

> "BigJIm" <Jim10277@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I think IOMagic makes it but it could be made by Pacific Digital
>> "tomas" <tomasttse@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Just installed a Hi-Val 52X Cd-RW drive, but would like to know who
>> > actually manufactured the drive. According to SiSoft Sandra it has a
>> > volumn name of DPPCPRO0597.
>> >
>> > Any help is appreciated

My older HiVal writer is a Lite On... but only Belarc Advisor seems to be
able to identify it as such.

--
Winter's just the curtain...
Spring will take the bow.

"tomas" <tomasttse@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Just installed a Hi-Val 52X Cd-RW drive, but would like to know who
> actually manufactured the drive. According to SiSoft Sandra it has a
> volumn name of DPPCPRO0597.
>
> Any help is appreciated

tomas

Distinguished
May 7, 2004

Thank you all for the replies.

But none of the utilities was able to properly identify the drive. The
drive is ID as "ATAPI CD-RW 52XMax [CD-ROM drive]".

Finally, I just removed the cover and found the circuit board was
manufactured by Accesstek Inc. Seems Accesstek and OptoRite (sister
companies?) supply a lot of companies, including Hi-Val, I/O Magic,
Pacific Digital, etc... Basic generic drive. Nothing special.