Create date directory

I need to get a text file listing of file names and creation dates for a
folder.

Basically, I want to be able to do something like DIR > X.TXT but have the
dates be the creation dates rather than the modified dates.

I find that I can open the folder and, after selecting Views -> Details, I
can then select Views -> Choose Columns and get what I want, but I can't
find any way, from there, to get a text file of the resultant listing. I
thought I remembered a way to print these things (other than by graphics
capture and printing that), but after looking around, I'm guessing it wasn't
Windows I'm remembering it from.

Any ideas?

- Bill

Doc

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

"William J. Leary Jr." <Bill_Leary@msn.com> wrote in

> I need to get a text file listing of file names and creation dates for
> a folder.
>
> Basically, I want to be able to do something like DIR > X.TXT but have
> the dates be the creation dates rather than the modified dates.
>
> I find that I can open the folder and, after selecting Views ->
> Details, I can then select Views -> Choose Columns and get what I
> want, but I can't find any way, from there, to get a text file of the
> resultant listing. I thought I remembered a way to print these things
> (other than by graphics capture and printing that), but after looking
> around, I'm guessing it wasn't Windows I'm remembering it from.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> - Bill

Easy with freeware (personal use) file manager called TrackerV3 (now up to
version 4). View ->Show Columns. Select files or folders you require, right
click, Info to Clipboard ->Selected Rows. Paste from clipboard into your
favourite text program.

www.trackerv3.com

A very versatile, multi-tabbed file manager. I have been using it for a
couple of years and still find treasures.

--
Adam and Eve - the worlds happiest couple ever.
Neither had a mother-in-law.

"Doc" <postmaster@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
> "William J. Leary Jr." <Bill_Leary@msn.com> wrote in
>
> > I need to get a text file listing of file names and creation dates for
> > a folder.
> >
> > Basically, I want to be able to do something like DIR > X.TXT but have
> > the dates be the creation dates rather than the modified dates.
> > ((..omitted..))
>
> Easy with freeware (personal use) file manager called TrackerV3 (now up to
> version 4). View ->Show Columns. Select files or folders you require,
right
> click, Info to Clipboard ->Selected Rows. Paste from clipboard into your
> favourite text program.
>
> www.trackerv3.com
>
> A very versatile, multi-tabbed file manager. I have been using it for a
> couple of years and still find treasures.

I'd hoped I'd overlooked a way to do it with standard utilities.

But this looks like it'll do the job.

Thanks.

- Bill