Create date directory

I need to get a text file listing of file names and creation dates for a
folder.

Basically, I want to be able to do something like DIR > X.TXT but have the
dates be the creation dates rather than the modified dates.

I find that I can open the folder and, after selecting Views -> Details, I
can then select Views -> Choose Columns and get what I want, but I can't
find any way, from there, to get a text file of the resultant listing. I
thought I remembered a way to print these things (other than by graphics
capture and printing that), but after looking around, I'm guessing it wasn't
Windows I'm remembering it from.

Any ideas?

- Bill
2 answers Last reply
More about create date directory

    "William J. Leary Jr." <Bill_Leary@msn.com> wrote in

    > I need to get a text file listing of file names and creation dates for
    > a folder.
    >
    > Basically, I want to be able to do something like DIR > X.TXT but have
    > the dates be the creation dates rather than the modified dates.
    >
    > I find that I can open the folder and, after selecting Views ->
    > Details, I can then select Views -> Choose Columns and get what I
    > want, but I can't find any way, from there, to get a text file of the
    > resultant listing. I thought I remembered a way to print these things
    > (other than by graphics capture and printing that), but after looking
    > around, I'm guessing it wasn't Windows I'm remembering it from.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > - Bill

    Easy with freeware (personal use) file manager called TrackerV3 (now up to
    version 4). View ->Show Columns. Select files or folders you require, right
    click, Info to Clipboard ->Selected Rows. Paste from clipboard into your
    favourite text program.

    www.trackerv3.com

    A very versatile, multi-tabbed file manager. I have been using it for a
    couple of years and still find treasures.

    --
    Adam and Eve - the worlds happiest couple ever.
    Neither had a mother-in-law.

    "Doc" <postmaster@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
    > "William J. Leary Jr." <Bill_Leary@msn.com> wrote in
    >
    > > I need to get a text file listing of file names and creation dates for
    > > a folder.
    > >
    > > Basically, I want to be able to do something like DIR > X.TXT but have
    > > the dates be the creation dates rather than the modified dates.
    > > ((..omitted..))
    >
    > Easy with freeware (personal use) file manager called TrackerV3 (now up to
    > version 4). View ->Show Columns. Select files or folders you require,
    right
    > click, Info to Clipboard ->Selected Rows. Paste from clipboard into your
    > favourite text program.
    >
    > www.trackerv3.com
    >
    > A very versatile, multi-tabbed file manager. I have been using it for a
    > couple of years and still find treasures.

    I'd hoped I'd overlooked a way to do it with standard utilities.

    But this looks like it'll do the job.

    Thanks.

    - Bill

Microsoft Windows