Motherboard+CPU for CAD-Design/Catia v5

Hello !

I'm looking for the "perfect" combination of mainboard and CPU. Could
you suggest the products and give me some advices ?

Thanks,

Jacek Spychala

jad

Windows 2000, Windows XP
Hardware requirements
System Unit: Intel Pentium II, Pentium III or Pentium 4 based workstations
running Microsoft Windows2000 Professional Edition or Windows XP
Professional Edition

THEE MOST IMPORTANT THING next to RAM>>Graphic Adapter:

a graphic adapter with 3D OpenGL accelerator is required. Note that graphic
performance on local transformations (panning, zooming, rotating model) will
depend on the selected graphic adapter. The graphic adapter should have the
following capabilities:
24 bits, true color, double buffered visual
24 bits Z-buffer
Stencil buffer
minimum supported resolution is 800x600; a resolution of 1280x1024 is
recommended for usability reasons.

Network Adapter: an active LAN adapter (Ethernet or Token Ring, installed
and configured) is required for licensing purposes.

Supported Configurations on Windows2000 and Windows XP: an updated list of
hardware configurations, certified at Dassault Systemes for running CATIA
Version 5 products, is published at
http://www.catia.com/your_catia/html/hwnt2.htm.

Software requirements:

Minimum level required:
Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition, with Service Pack 2 or higher,
or Windows XP Professional Edition, with the following components:

A Microsoft implementation of OpenGL libraries, as delivered with Windows
2000 or Windows XP. These libraries may have to be modified to accommodate
the selected graphic adapter when installing the graphic adapter and its
associated drivers. For recommendations related to driver levels based on
tested graphic adapters, visit:
http://www.catia.com/your_catia/html/hwnt2.htm.

A localized version of the operating system may be required when selected
installation differs from Latin 1.
Note: For remote access from networked clients, Terminal Server is supported
by Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Advanced Server and Windows XP
Professional. Access through standard browsers requires Citrix MetaFrame 1.0
to also be installed on the server.

Note: Release 11 is no longer supported on Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 98.

"Jacek Spychala" <kapitolino@freenet.de> wrote in message
> Hello !
>
> I'm looking for the "perfect" combination of mainboard and CPU. Could you
> suggest the products and give me some advices ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jacek Spychala

papa

I suggest that you ask somebody involved in the engineering profession, such
as the head of the engineering department of a local company or an
engineering professor at a nearby college or university. They should at
least be able to lead you to a good source for answering your question.