DI-624+ wireless router disonnecting

Hi all ,

I have a wireless router DI-624+ which occasionaly disconnect the our
PPPoE connection , and from DI-624+ logs , the router will try reconnect
to PPPoE and everything will be ok.

However after 4 or 3 hours , the wireless keep doing same thing again.
After debugging for many days , I noticed that one of my colleague
which is Dell laptop in Window XP pro ,whenever he connected to
wireless , the wireless will be disconnected and reconnected again.
If he is not connected , everything are OK .
Maybe my colleague laptop have virus or some settings issue ?

Anyone have any ideas or suggestion is much appreciated . Thanks

Below is my network setup , I have using DI-624+ as DHCP server too.

Outside world

Cable Modem (Act as Bridge mode)

DI-Link 624+ wireless router

wireless computer (LAN)
5 answers Last reply
More about wireless router disonnecting

    Does that router show an MTU of 1492 for the PPPoE?

    Are you using WEP, and if so have you turned off the 802.1x authentication?

    Clark

    "weetat" <test@wavex-tech.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all ,
    >
    > I have a wireless router DI-624+ which occasionaly disconnect the our
    > PPPoE connection , and from DI-624+ logs , the router will try reconnect
    > to PPPoE and everything will be ok.
    >
    > However after 4 or 3 hours , the wireless keep doing same thing again.
    > After debugging for many days , I noticed that one of my colleague which
    > is Dell laptop in Window XP pro ,whenever he connected to wireless , the
    > wireless will be disconnected and reconnected again.
    > If he is not connected , everything are OK .
    > Maybe my colleague laptop have virus or some settings issue ?
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas or suggestion is much appreciated . Thanks
    >
    > Below is my network setup , I have using DI-624+ as DHCP server too.
    >
    > Outside world

    > Cable Modem (Act as Bridge mode)

    > DI-Link 624+ wireless router

    > wireless computer (LAN)

    i use the DI-624 [no plus] and also have intermittent disconnectivity. i
    usually have to restart the router before my laptop can reconnect - it
    doesn't seem to affect the desktop computer that it's attached to though. i
    looked at d-link's website today but couldn't find an answer in their FAQs...
    so, for now, i'm stuck with the ol plug / unplug routine...

    "Clark" wrote:

    > Does that router show an MTU of 1492 for the PPPoE?
    >
    > Are you using WEP, and if so have you turned off the 802.1x authentication?
    >
    > Clark
    >
    > "weetat" <test@wavex-tech.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi all ,
    > >
    > > I have a wireless router DI-624+ which occasionaly disconnect the our
    > > PPPoE connection , and from DI-624+ logs , the router will try reconnect
    > > to PPPoE and everything will be ok.
    > >
    > > However after 4 or 3 hours , the wireless keep doing same thing again.
    > > After debugging for many days , I noticed that one of my colleague which
    > > is Dell laptop in Window XP pro ,whenever he connected to wireless , the
    > > wireless will be disconnected and reconnected again.
    > > If he is not connected , everything are OK .
    > > Maybe my colleague laptop have virus or some settings issue ?
    > >
    > > Anyone have any ideas or suggestion is much appreciated . Thanks
    > >
    > > Below is my network setup , I have using DI-624+ as DHCP server too.
    > >
    > > Outside world

    > > Cable Modem (Act as Bridge mode)

    > > DI-Link 624+ wireless router

    > > wireless computer (LAN)

    What wireless adapter and driver version are you using to connect to the
    access point?

    --
    Jerry Peterson
    Windows Network Services - Wireless

    weetat wrote:
    > *Hi all ,
    >
    > I have a wireless router DI-624+ which occasionaly disconnect the
    > our
    > PPPoE connection , and from DI-624+ logs , the router will try
    > reconnect
    > to PPPoE and everything will be ok.
    >
    > However after 4 or 3 hours , the wireless keep doing same thing
    > again.
    > After debugging for many days , I noticed that one of my colleague
    > which is Dell laptop in Window XP pro ,whenever he connected to
    > wireless , the wireless will be disconnected and reconnected again.
    > If he is not connected , everything are OK .
    > Maybe my colleague laptop have virus or some settings issue ?
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas or suggestion is much appreciated . Thanks
    >
    > Below is my network setup , I have using DI-624+ as DHCP server too.
    >
    > Outside world

    > Cable Modem (Act as Bridge mode)

    > DI-Link 624+ wireless router

    > wireless computer (LAN) *

    I had the same problem with DI-624+ about the wireless activity. My
    PPPoE connection is never lost.

    I have two small offices with desktop machines only (RA2500 based
    wireless LAN cards), without any problem. The Dlink was opened from the
    box, put in place, basic setup with WEP 128 only.

    However, I have a third place, where DI-624+ is installed, and we
    experienced signal losses on wireless while using one or two Dell
    Latitude D600 laptops. These have Intel Proset 2200BG miniPCI cards
    inside. A D600 was taken to the two "working" offices and it was able
    to make the wireless LAN absolutely unusable.

    I tried to apply new firmware (05/29/2005 if I remember well) to the
    Dlink and also upgraded the intel cards in the D600 to the newest
    driver found at developer.intel.com. It did not help.

    Finally, I solved the matter by replacing all the DI-624+ to Linksys
    WRT54G. It is more expensive, but I haven't had any problems on any
    networks with this. I think I'm finished with Dlink and turn to
    Linksys, wherever it is possible.

    Rgds,

    n38778

    --
    n38778

    Hi ,

    Intel(R) PRO / Wireless 2200 BG , Driver version is 8.0.12.9000
    Any incompatiable between DLink and Intel wireless?

    Thanks

    Jerry Peterson[MSFT] wrote:
    > What wireless adapter and driver version are you using to connect to the
    > access point?

Wireless Wireless Router Connection Wireless Networking